What's new

Cal Ripkin Challenges - 2,632 in a Row (The hardest challenge in B&B)

1578507517543.png

I’ll join the crazy. I’m no minimalist and I’ve shaved every day since August 31st last year. Sign me up for the every day Joe.
Using only one of something or one type of this or that would drive me nuts. :thumbup1:

I'll be glad to have you. Please create a personal format and update the thread every week or so.

Just a reminder, this challenge is unmerciful. If a day is missed, the streak must start over. There are no excuses. However, it's no big deal to start over.

So this is only for shaving every day? If a day of shaving is skipped the challenge starts over?

That is one of the options. For the others, like the soap option, you only have to do 2,632 shaves in a row with the same soap. For the setup option, the razor, blade, brush and soap must remain the same. The razor and brush cannot be replaced with new ones.

I have likely met the shaving every day challenge several times over. I began shaving daily in about 1987 or thereabouts, and I didn't switch to every other day shaving until September of last year. In between 1987 and 2019 I shaved at least 362 days a year, every year. I can't be ENTIRELY SURE that I ever went 7.21 years without skipping a single day, but I am 99% sure I did.

At this point I am still in a protracted trial period four days a week shaving, so I will not be able to participate prospectively.

There are way to many great razors, blades, soaps, brushes, etc. to be confined to the same setup for even a week, much less 7.2 years.

Do you also eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day? How boring would that be.

Cal Ripkin may have played in 2632 consecutive games, but he did not play baseball every day of the year.

There are way to many great razors, blades, soaps, brushes, etc. to be confined to the same setup for even a week, much less 7.2 years.

Do you also eat the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day? How boring would that be.

Cal Ripkin may have played in 2632 consecutive games, but he did not play baseball every day of the year.

I'm not confined. I'm free and independent. I'm showing my individuality by doing something unique in B&B.

After reading his book, I'll bet Cal Ripkin was playing baseball even when he wasn't playing baseball.

Last edited:
Captain’s log...
Day three of our voyage and the beer supply is running dangerously low. I don’t think the crew and I will last another night.

Top Bottom