What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions

Indeed a nice pot. That one could serve many people gongfu-style. Since I am the only pu'er drinker in the house ("stinky tea", my wife and kids call it), I stick with about 100mL. That is enough to keep things nice and hot between infusions, and not be too wasteful of leaf.

Enjoy it!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have a cute Taiwanese dragon egg shaped pot that's ~250ml. I used to think it was too small to use, but now I find it's twice as big as it should be.

I think I've become physically addicted to pu'er.

Hunan mǐ zhūan chá Brick Tea

proxy.php

I have a cute Taiwanese dragon egg shaped pot that's ~250ml. I used to think it was too small to use, but now I find it's twice as big as it should be.

I think I've become physically addicted to pu'er.

I think that is quite the possibility!

My 1st proper coffee score. All of these are roasted yesterday, and are in sealed bags with a one way air valve to let it breathe, but not let air back in. Don't know which t o try 1st

Guatemala Finca El Injerto
El Salvador El Bourbollon
Nicaragua Los Alto

proxy.php

All bought from has bean cofee. Awesome service, sent my coffee special delivery at no extra cost and threw in a little hand written note. Very nice people indeed!

ouch

My 1st proper coffee score. All of these are roasted yesterday, and are in sealed bags with a one way air valve to let it breathe, but not let air back in. Don't know which t o try 1st

Guatemala Finca El Injerto
El Salvador El Bourbollon
Nicaragua Los Alto
All bought from has bean cofee. Awesome service, sent my coffee special delivery at no extra cost and threw in a little hand written note. Very nice people indeed!

Cool. You obviously weren't getting enough caffeine in your system. :lol:

How do you plan to brew those?

All 3 are ground for my bodum french press, I am enjoying some of the El Salvador El Bourbollon right now. 1st time in my life I have not wanted sugar in my coffee. This place is dangerous, it makes you appreciate things you never thought you needed to appreciate before! And of course spend the cash to go along with it!

New roaster replacing my Precision. I'm digging the larger 1 cup batch size. Haven't played around with the custom temp curve option yet.

proxy.php

I roasted with an iRoast2 for some time before moving to my Gene Cafe. You can make some really good coffee with it. Enjoy!

I roasted with an iRoast2 for some time before moving to my Gene Cafe. You can make some really good coffee with it. Enjoy!

I was looking at the gene cafe. It looks like a neat machine and I like the controls but I was nervous about the chance of clogging up the chaff collector. I roast alot of chaff-heavy dry processed beans. Have you had any problems with this?

I was looking at the gene cafe. It looks like a neat machine and I like the controls but I was nervous about the chance of clogging up the chaff collector. I roast alot of chaff-heavy dry processed beans. Have you had any problems with this?

The chaff collector is massive, especially if you get the one which you can vent outside. No worries.

One of the cool things about pu'er is how darn big some of the leaves are, especially if you are careful about prying them off the cake:

ouch

Thanks a lot, guys. I needed this like a hole in the head. Having plenty of fun, though.

A few samples of unopened items, plus one of my favorite pu'er knives. No room to post the open cakes. :tongue_sm

Nice scores jay, I have been avoiding looking at kitchen knives deliberately as I am in need of one, and you have now made me consider my options again. Damnit man you are an enabler!! Western or Japanese... who knows

ouch

The dragon egg is a faux yixing from Taiwan (very well made, though). Got it at Ten for $38 about seven years ago. It's ~250ml, so it makes one nice sized cup, although I've been leaning (pushed?) towards the smaller ones recently. I have a bunch of larger yixings, ~350-400ml. Don't use them much anymore.

Top Bottom