What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Nice scores jay, I have been avoiding looking at kitchen knives deliberately as I am in need of one, and you have now made me consider my options again. Damnit man you are an enabler!! Western or Japanese... who knows

I reduced the pic to 640x480 for the sake of bandwidth, so I'm not sure it captures the lovely tri-color look of the Hiromoto: polished edge, patina'd (not even going to guess how to spell that word) carbon core, and crappy stainless cladding. It's probably my favorite knife.

Right, I'm going kitchen knife shopping tomorrow, I have an ebay bid on a coffee grinder, 3 cakes from scott on the way and roasted beans coming out of my ears. This forum has a lot to answer for. I didn't know there was that much good stuff out there until I started sampling it all.

I reduced the pic to 640x480 for the sake of bandwidth, so I'm not sure it captures the lovely tri-color look of the Hiromoto: polished edge, patina'd (not even going to guess how to spell that word) carbon core, and crappy stainless cladding. It's probably my favorite knife.

Nice knife and you do get a sense of the patina from the picture.

Korin has a nice sale going on the western-style hammered Togiharus - any thoughts on these babies?

http://www.korin.com/models.php?cat=54&subcat=63&subsubcat=70&df=knife&catname=Western+Style&subcatname=Togiharu&subsubcatname=Togiharu+Hammered+Texture+Damascus+

ouch

Nice knife and you do get a sense of the patina from the picture.

Korin has a nice sale going on the western-style hammered Togiharus - any thoughts on these babies?

http://www.korin.com/models.php?cat=54&subcat=63&subsubcat=70&df=knife&catname=Western+Style&subcatname=Togiharu&subsubcatname=Togiharu+Hammered+Texture+Damascus+

I see the gyuto is the only one not on sale. Of the rest, the usuba seems the most appealing. The last time I was there, I saw some of them, and they looked pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the hand hammered look in general, but the Togis seem to have very good fit and finish.

proxy.php

ouch

If that's your idea of a starter kit, let me know when the master kit shows up. :eek:

Yowza.

My old drip coffee amker was on it's last legs so we were out today and my wife says"Take a look at this" It's a Cuisinart coffee maker with built in grinder, but the price can't be right. A hundred dollar maker for $29.99? Yup, it's righ, and SWMBO say she can tolerate in the kitchen! Yippee! It was even an extra 15% off if we used the Kohl's credit card. And is it ever sweet! The grinder will only be used when she's already awake, but I can sure live with that.
proxy.php

Top Bottom