What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions

Let's see those goodies as they come in!

Just got a box from China:
IMG_4056_1_1.JPG

IMG_4057_2_1.JPG

Cool! I picked this up over the weekend.

Sorry, I know that I already posted this in the Speakeasy...but what the hay!

Cool vac pot. I haven't had a chance to try the glass rods yet - I just use the cloth filters on my Yama. I'll have to add them on my list of things to try.

Cool vac pot. I haven't had a chance to try the glass rods yet - I just use the cloth filters on my Yama. I'll have to add them on my list of things to try.

Scotto,
If you look on that popular auction site....they can be had for 6-8 bucks plus shipping. I do really like the coffee I brew better using the glass rods over the cloth filters.

I just got a Cory rod just like that one DJ. I'm hoping to try it out tomorrow morning.

John,
I'm not sure how fine a grind you are using with the cloth filters, but you may find that you need to go with a slightly coarser grind with the glass rods.

Scotto,
If you look on that popular auction site....they can be had for 6-8 bucks plus shipping. I do really like the coffee I brew better using the glass rods over the cloth filters.

John,
I'm not sure how fine a grind you are using with the cloth filters, but you may find that you need to go with a slightly coarser grind with the glass rods.

DJ, can you use the glass rod in a Yama or does it just fit in the Cory pots?

Just placed an order with the best coffee roaster in the country, Din Johnson!

Can't wait for my package from Ristretto Roasters to arrive. :smile:

I have a memory that the "Green City Peak" was pretty good. For some reason, I have three cakes of it, so I guess it must have been!

I noted mushrooms, apparently. Let us know how you get on! Maybe I'll crack into it tomorrow.

Toodlepip,

Hobbes

If you ever visit Hong Kong, be sure to go into the "Best Tea House Company" store on Peking Road in Kowloon. The company is fairly new (1980s) but the owner Mr. Chan really embraced the traditions of good tea. His commitment to quality made the brand very popular in the short time they've been around. They host a tea seminar when the Semester at Sea ship comes to Hong Kong, and that's spread their popularity world-wide. They now have a few stores including a branch in Canada. They even have a website now. The tea is incredible.

My personal favorite is their oolong variety called "Golden Bush" (I know I know :rolleyes:).

Edit to add link to their English website!
http://www.besttea.com.hk/eng/eindex.htm

Guatemala Finca El Injerto
El Salvador El Bourbollon
Nicaragua Los Alto

All from has bean, all will be roasted just before being delivered, and ground for my french press.

Nice! What samples did you get?
I will list them, I would like some specific suggestions on water/tea ratios. :001_rolle

Edit> Scotts picks for me.

2008 YNS HAND BRAIDED WILD ARBOR RAW PU-ERH

2008 EARLY SPRING MELON OF DEHONG RAW PU-ERH

2008 HAI LANG HAO STAR OF BU LANG 3 YEAR AGED MAO CHA

2008 MENGHAI "BA DA RIPE 1KG BRICK'' BATCH 801

2007 HAIWAN LAO CHA TOU BRICK

2007 YONG ZHEN QIAO MU SHENG TAI

2006 SHUANGJIANG MENGKU-MU SHU CHA RAW PU-ERH

2001 CNNP JIXING BRAND RIPE PU ERH TEA BRICK

1998 LINCAHG CNNP GREEN WRAPPER RAW PU ERH

Top Bottom