What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions ~ January - March 2010

Nice! hey SilverToy you have one of my handmade pu knifes :thumbup1:

Yes! Steve put that in a order a couple weeks ago. It works great. It definitely replaced the wife's butter knife I had been using.

I see another guy couldn't decide between the muyechun 001 and 002. :wink2:

I have a 002 bing I have been drinking from and liked it enough to pick up a second to put away for a while. I thought I'd give the 001 a try.

Order from jas-e tea

Steve was nice enough to send me some samples of the teas I lost to mold. Kindness or is it bait to get more :001_huh: :lol:

As by some miracle the postal tea gods sent me my tea pot from yunnan on the same day. Coincidence or fate ! or nothing ! Time to break her in and get her brewing right!

Tea order includes

2008 Menghai "Classic Premium Raw" tea cake

2009 Menghai "Ba Da Gao Shan Organic

2008 Menghai Tea Factory 7532

2007 Menghai Tea Factory Secret Aroma

2008 Xiaguan "Dali Tuo" Raw Pu-erh tea tuo x3 not shown SWMBO likes this one

2009 Menghai "Impression" Premium Raw Pu-erh tea

08 Menghai Tea Factory " Early Spring Bu Lang Maiden's Tea Cake Sample

2000 Fu hai sample

2000 Long yuan Hao - sample

Order from jas-e tea

Steve was nice enough to send me some samples of the teas I lost to mold. Kindness or is it bait to get more :001_huh: :lol:

As by some miracle the postal tea gods sent me my tea pot from yunnan on the same day. Coincidence or fate ! or nothing ! Time to break her in and get her brewing right!

Tea order includes

2008 Menghai "Classic Premium Raw" tea cake

2009 Menghai "Ba Da Gao Shan Organic

2008 Menghai Tea Factory 7532

2007 Menghai Tea Factory Secret Aroma

2008 Xiaguan "Dali Tuo" Raw Pu-erh tea tuo x3 not shown SWMBO likes this one

2009 Menghai "Impression" Premium Raw Pu-erh tea

08 Menghai Tea Factory " Early Spring Bu Lang Maiden's Tea Cake Sample

2000 Fu hai sample

2000 Long yuan Hao - sample

So much for cutting down on the puerh XD

Nice looking pot. I really like the big classic, too. :thumbup1:

Thank you its craftsmanship actually surprised me. Its very well made and is working like a champ already. Ive havent chunked up that cake yet, I need to try it. The impression left me with a nice impression though :blink:

I'm going to start drinking tea, there's this tea shop in OZ called T2, sells Loose tea leaves and everything Tea, been wanting to try some for a while now and got some Today bagged (bad pun) these:

100g Box of Earl Gray Tea Loose
100g Box of red Choc Mint Tea Loose (They had some out to try and as soon as I tasted it I had to, more minty taste but not overpowering was very nice)
Tea Strainer ball..thingy (You put the leaves in and pop it into your cup to brew the leaves)
Air tight Container for them

I'm going to enjoy this I think, dunno which to try first though.

While at the Farmer's Market today I stopped in a TotaliTea and picked up a few things and caught up with David, the owner.

I didn't grab anything exotic today, just a few things to add some variety to my cupboard. I got some Lapsang Souchong, Russian Caravan and Irish Breakfast. 50g bags of each. We have company coming next weekend and I want some more tea choices to offer.

A beautiful little Yixing pot and a roll of 1999 Yunnan bamboo puerh

proxy.php

Regards.

Jakob

a little after march but whatever.

my aquisitions today i got a couple of teas and these nice cast iron teacups. they shure are heavy... and the kinda get hot.
proxy.php

loose young pu'erh sample.. i dont know who made it or what recipie it is but its damn good tis all i know
proxy.php

loose golden pu'erh sample. same as last pic but this one i havent tried it yet.
proxy.php

yellow tea huo shan. havent gotten aroudn to this one yet ether.
proxy.php

silver needle. if its similar to the other silver needle i have tried then this will be a lovely tea.
proxy.php

and a brick of pu'erh that kinda looks like its made by menghai. year 2002
proxy.php

A cafe/tea shop called Simply Tea in Aarhus, not far from where I work.
The owner travels to China and Japan a coulple of times a year to select teas and tea related items for her shop. I have done some photography for the homepage (not the crappy grainy ones with heavy shadows), the pic. of the gaiwan is my work.

I skipped coffee about half a year ago (my body started reacting negativly to it) - replacing it with tea. I started out with flavoured black teas (like Kushmi), but soon discovered the joy of "pure" teas, espeically green teas and puerh, but a good oolong or well made black tea is not to be frowned upon either. My girlfriend has been an avid tea drinker/collecor for years, together we have quite an extensive collection of teas and tea related stuff.

I just picked up a nice broad bellied Yi Xing pot (about one liter) at a fleamarket for D.Kr. 10. Unfortunally it has been used for black tea, it is currently soaking in baking soda.

Regards.

Jakob

Last edited:
I have tried it once so far, it is quite good, but I have a feeling it will take some experimentation to get it just right.

The 10 year old wild puerh that the shop sells is really good: http://www.simplytea.dk/site/compon...ge/product/10___r_gammel_Wi_4af6de6977701.jpg (not one of my pics btw.) - a bit "fishy" for the first two cups, but after that it is awesome.

I also have some small tuochas (ripe puerh I belive) a friend brought us from China, they are very mild and pleasant, but are only good for a few cups. I'll post pics of these later, maybe someone cant tell me what they are?

Do you have any suggestions where I can pick up a good puerh knife btw?

Regards.

Jakob

Last edited:
I have tried it once so far, it is quite good, but I have a feeling it will take some experimentation to get it just right.

The 10 year old wild puerh that the shop sells is really good: http://www.simplytea.dk/site/compon...ge/product/10___r_gammel_Wi_4af6de6977701.jpg (not one of my pics btw.) - a bit "fishy" for the first two cups, but after that it is awesome.

Is the wild puerh cooked or raw?

Do you have any suggestions where I can pick up a good puerh knife btw?

I am partial to the tuo pick. Some also like a more knife looking tools.

Puerh Shop offers both in its tools section.

Yunnan Sourcing also has a couple models as does Jas-Etea

If you are looking for something ultra-fancy, there is always this :biggrin:!

Top Bottom