What's new

Caffeine Clips: Show off your tea/coffee acquisitions ~2010

my aquisitions a couple days ago which are now just being posted in the proper thread.

all this aquired from "its about tea" in 18th st brandon mb. (itsabouttea.ca)

i got a couple of teas and these nice cast iron teacups. they shure are heavy... and the kinda get hot.
proxy.php

loose young pu'erh sample.. i dont know who made it or what recipie it is but its damn good tis all i know
proxy.php

loose golden pu'erh sample. same as last pic but this one i havent tried it yet.
proxy.php

yellow tea huo shan. havent gotten aroudn to this one yet ether.
proxy.php

silver needle. quite lovely tea here flowery taste with a strong citrus in first infusion.
proxy.php

and a brick of cooked pu'erh that looks like its made by menghai. year 2002 earthy has hints of citrus and vanilla.
proxy.php

woot jas-etea camein today!
07 8582
08 7542
08 7532
and some big red robe
and the white gaiwan
and supriesed to see is the nice tea filter. thanks stephen!
proxy.php

Last edited:
No pictures yet but...

got my first puerh cake!

8582 <901>
25g sample of peacock of menghai
Tea Tray (only cause Jose made me)
2009 Douji Nan Nuo Wild Arbor Raw Pu-erh tea mini brick - 75 grams
2009 Douji You Le Wild Arbor Raw Pu-erh tea mini brick - 75 grams

Anyone know how to tell the difference between the two douji bricks?

Last edited:
No pictures yet but...

got my first puerh cake!

8582 <901>
25g sample of peacock of menghai
Tea Tray (only cause Jose made me)
2009 Douji Nan Nuo Wild Arbor Raw Pu-erh tea mini brick - 75 grams
2009 Douji You Le Wild Arbor Raw Pu-erh tea mini brick - 75 grams

Anyone know how to tell the difference between the two douji bricks?

One is from Nan Nuo and the other is from You Le :001_tt2:

Sweet Lord, that's a hell of a sampler!! I'd call it a couple of years supply!!!:biggrin1:

How big are those tins?
About 1.7" x 1.7" x 2.6". I weighed one out to 17 grams. They say about 8 cups. So let's call that 240 cups. The tins are tight fitting, but not sealed in any way.

They're samplers from adagio: black, black savant, green, white, oolong, and rooibos. I don't expect to like most of the greens, whites, or the rooibos, so it's not as bad as it looks. Maybe they'll find their way onto the BST. Or maybe we can meet up and have some tea. :)

Yes, I did go overboard. Especially when I'm also expecting 2 puerh samplers and a tea set from jas-etea any day now.

Last edited:
100g 2010 Spring Imperial Anxi Ben Shan
100g 2010 Spring Imperial Anxi Huang Jin Gui

<3

How do I store them? They came in 25g vacuumed packages, I read somewhere about a freezer, but I know if this is the kind that goes in the freezer.

I can't wait to try them.

Interesting to note that on the customs form, they put "Herb Sample" haha.

About 1.7" x 1.7" x 2.6". I weighed one out to 17 grams. They say about 8 cups. So let's call that 240 cups. The tins are tight fitting, but not sealed in any way.

They're samplers from adagio: black, black savant, green, white, oolong, and rooibos. I don't expect to like most of the greens, whites, or the rooibos, so it's not as bad as it looks. Maybe they'll find their way onto the BST. Or maybe we can meet up and have some tea. :)

Yes, I did go overboard. Especially when I'm also expecting 2 puerh samplers and a tea set from jas-etea any day now.

i expect you to like the white! absolutely exquisit stuff.

From Jas-eTea.

Ripe & raw pu-erh samplers, Big Red Robe "Wu Yi Rock Tea" Fujian Oolong, and the dragon & phoenix gaiwan with two matching teacups & pitcher. That's the 2008 Menghai "Hong Yun" Ripe Pu-erh Mini tea cake in the cup.

proxy.php

got my yixing in today and managed to find another
proxy.php

the yixing i bought off ebay
proxy.php

$2 asian grocer yixing
proxy.php

proxy.php

My amazing girlfriend presented me with a porcelain gaiwan (my first gaiwan), 100 g. of my favourite Tie Guan Yin oolong and Viola von Wachendorf's book on tea.

Regards.

Jakob

Finally added the good coffee maker to go with my Baratza Maestro Plus grinder and freshly-roasted beans. I do have a French press pot that I use on some lazy weekends, but my mornings are way too rushed for anything manual, and this Bunn A-10 is perfect for my needs.

20lb's of Mexican Oaxaca HG Organic coffee

"Snowbud" white tea (adagio).

"Yunnan Noir" black tea (adagio).

"Oolong #18" tea (adagio).

Top Bottom