What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

After some research it would appear that the new model of this grinder comes with a lid included..... hope they eventually have it available separately.

Excellent! Sure would beat using an old butter lid!

Kyocera CM-50 came in today... No lid on this one either :sad: Orphan Espresso bottom bearing mod parts should be here tomorrow :001_smile

proxy.php

Excellent! Sure would beat using an old butter lid!

Update - I found that sweetmarias.com has pics up of the new version with a lid so I email them asking if the lid would be available separately and this is what they replied:

"Thanks for the note. Unfortunately Hario is not going to supply the lid on its own. "

:(

Update - I found that sweetmarias.com has pics up of the new version with a lid so I email them asking if the lid would be available separately and this is what they replied:

"Thanks for the note. Unfortunately Hario is not going to supply the lid on its own. "

:(

Update #2 - an email to Hario.co.jp has yet to garner a response... :((

After years of using my Saeco espresso machine for $20 I picked up a Bialati Mocha pot again I haven't used these in years I have to say for $20 this doesn't make a half bad cup.

Gaggia Latte Art-Style Pannarello Wand
Monin Holiday Syrups - Pumpkin Spice
Monin Syrup 750 ml Bottle - Coconut
Monin Measured Pump
Lavazza Cappuccino Cup X2

And ordered some Caffe Vita Cappuccino Cups as well.

I need to stay out of this part of the forum. After reading posts in here the past couple of weeks I just ordered a new grinder yesterday. It's already been shipped out. So my Mazzer Mini Type A should be here in a few days. After that perhaps I should just stick to reading about blades, which are pennies apiece.

Got my Bunn heavy throw weight stainless basket yesterday and made an air pot of blended french roast, Colombian, and some chocolate/hazelnut flavored beans with it this morning. Oh yea. Nice!!!

http://www.bunn.com/pages/windows/Fun_Coffee_Gour_SS.html

proxy.php

This deep basket allows me to use more volume of coffee than the standard basket as it supports the filter in a stainless woven web instead of relying on the pleats of the filter to keep things flowing

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Picked up a few days ago from a local roaster in Annapolis two bags of Espresso whole Bean coffee from Ceremony. A bag of destroyer and a bag of mass appeal.

I need to stay out of this part of the forum. After reading posts in here the past couple of weeks I just ordered a new grinder yesterday. It's already been shipped out. So my Mazzer Mini Type A should be here in a few days. After that perhaps I should just stick to reading about blades, which are pennies apiece.

My new Mazzer Mini Model A arrived yesterday. I'll be ready to use it later this morning. I'm not posting pics since mine wouldn't be as good as the ones you can find at any site that sells them. In the "first expresso machine" thread I posted a picture of my "coffee bar". The Mazzer will slip in right where the Rancilio Rocky is now.

My new Mazzer Mini Model A arrived yesterday.

I'm not posting pics since mine wouldn't be as good as the ones

NO EXCUSES... Pics are required :a28:

Keeping up with the Jone's.....

I did a dry fit of my E doser on my Super Jolly. This is going to be nice once the rest of the parts get here and I end up with a custom time based funnel doser grinder. Can't wait.

proxy.php

Dry fit with finger tightened screws. Need the motor cover and another portafilter holder as the funnel doser drops out of the center and the old can doser dropped from the front so alignment is off with the old fork

proxy.php

Mick, won't that exacerbate retention in the throat of the grinder?

Just a different can is all. The grounds fall out then down regardless of what is on the front.

I was thinking I could polish the throat like you would a racing manifold as it is aluminum. Then I stopped myself. It's just a coffee grinder.... gees.... :lol:

The grinder throws the grounds out pretty forcefully when it is running

throat with can doser

proxy.php

throat with funnel doser

proxy.php

So will you be able to dust the throat clean after grinding? or do you even bother with that?

Never bother with it. 1-2 grams is all that is in the throat. Normally it is full and pushed out with the next grind.

I cleaned it out when I did the can change over as it would have made a bit of a mess if I hadn't :001_smile

Either doser has enough room to get a brush inside them to brush out the chute if someone would want to. the problem with removing the grounds is that the next grind will be inconsistent (weight wise) as it would lose the weight of the grounds in the chute.

Odd, I never took any pics with the chute full. It is pretty much top to bottom side to side full.

I would be curious if you find any static cling with that aluminum funnel on your Super Jolly this winter. I would not expect much if any, but do wonder if a good thumping on the side will reveal that some amount of coffee was clinging to that 45 degree sidewall.

Top Bottom