What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

The only espresso we drink is Italian style espresso. After years of trying many blends, we eventually discovered that the best Northen Italian Espresso is roasted near our place, and that is what we have been drinking since. Soulmate by Alma coffe. 2lb every 8-10 days.

4CC2BAA9-D266-47AF-8134-67F17ED980B8_1_201_a.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have just acquired 5kg of loose beans from a market stall in the Philippines. They are in three types as shown below:

20240627_085650~2.jpg

20240627_085935~2.jpg

20240627_085849~2.jpg

I have so far tried the Barako blend and I like it. I do not favour pure arabica as I find it lacking body and taste so I normally prefer the addition of some robusta. These Filipino blends take it to the next level by adding excelsa beans which really add body and a long finish to the flavour. Would you advise keeping the beans in their paper bags or transferring to airtight containers?

Flanders

Stupid sexy Wing Nut
Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous, I want some of that! Reaches through screen, grabs bag, pours a quarter of it into a ziplock bag, hands you back the bag. Thanks for your friendly contribution, it will not go unrewarded. :001_tongu
I admit it's a bit of an extravagance, but since I only drink regular twice a week I can justify it(er something). :letterk1:
(Hawaiian coffee is the only roasted coffee that I buy without thinking first, I wish they would stop sending me offers)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

@Omega48 I just wanted to let you know that I truly loved your picture. Your use of lighting was absolutely perfect, and accentuates your coffee order well. It also provides a nice warm atmosphere to the overall scene. I rank your picture a grade of A+

Mr. Flanders, how have you been enjoying that Hawaii Kau Sunshine Honey coffee? I'd assume its absolutely wonderful, but I want to hear from you? How many grams of it are you using to how many grams of water? What brew temperature are you using? Also, are you brewing espresso with it, or old fashion pour over?

Its been awhile since I've made a post in here. Actually, now that I think about it, its been quite awhile since I've made a post about coffee at all. I've been very busy with work, that I've had to reduce my B&B time. Having said that, with the holiday week upon us, ( Independance Day for America ) I'm not working much this week, going to relax a bit, although temps up into the 90's this week, summer's here folks!

I decided to try out a new coffee that I think I will really like, its called Tigerwalk Espresso, which is from the coffee roaster Equator. Ordered 2LB!

Screenshot from 2024-07-03 09-43-16.png

This coffee is washed, various region, grown at an altitude of 3,000 to 5,900 feet, if you were in a Cessna you could fly over it, and if there was a runway nearby, you could stock up your plane on coffee for your return home, and cut the middleman roasters out. But I don't have one of those, so I have to purchase like everybody else lol!

PRODUCERS (COLOMBIA, KENYA)
CAPRICORNIO COFFEES (BRAZIL)

Roasting level is medium.

Coffee tasting notes are Balanced, sweet, and creamy with flavors of cherry, key lime, and dark chocolate.

Coffee receives a high rating of 92 from industry experts.

With my specialty coffee sorted out, now it was time to make this months order of Bones AODC. Its not coffee specialty per say like the Equator is, but its so much fun to drink.

proxy.php

I did however increase my quantity amounts, I am now buying 8 12-oz bags per month starting this month. I used a calculator, supposedly 8-bags of this coffee will be equal to 6-pounds of coffee. I find that kind of hard to believe, but I suppose its right lol. And I can tell you right now, I will not be buying that Kirkland Signature Espresso blend again, what a disaster!

Alright, thats all folks. May your mugs and thermos's be filled with delicious coffee, and please enjoy your 4th!​

Top Bottom