What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
20180524_114520.jpg
20180524_114527.jpg

The FedEx man just dropped off all this. Time to start playing!

Successful day at the thrift stores today.

One of the coffee scores is this Melitta 4 cup auto drip. Says Hong Kong so a bit old.

Brew water was at 190° which is pretty amazing.

Made a pretty decent small pot of coffee

proxy.php

proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I didn't get pics, and it wasn't for me, but I got my father a Capresso Infinity conical burr coffee grinder for Father's Day. The first thing when he got home (he was visiting here on Father's Day) was make some coffee. He said it was much better than what he has been using. I was worried- I wasn't sure how good a grinder I would get for my budget ($100 or so) last week, but he is extremely pleased.

One of the coffee scores is this Melitta 4 cup auto drip. Says Hong Kong so a bit old.

proxy.php

proxy.php
I literally just found almost this exact same one at a thrift shop for 4 dollars so I bought it based off your post.
20180803_122938.jpg

Also how do you test brew water temperature? Does it mean temperature in the pot, in the basket, or where the water is poured toward the grounds?

Last edited:
Love my F4E. I wish adjustments were a bit easier to make.
Where did you get the new burrs?
How easy was it to replace?
Was it grinding better with new burrs?

(Just saw this) Got these new burrs directly from the manufacturer SSP grinding in S. Korea. I added another collar post to make changing grind setting easier.

I don't have a picture, but my wife just surprised me with a pour over, my first one! I can't recall the brand but it was the one sold in Starbucks cafe's for around $5.99, and I love it, it works great! And it's super nice when you're lazy and want something better than a coffee maker, but something less work than a french press or Turkish coffee.

What a nice setup. Is machine #1 in yellow an open boiler design? Are they all electric powered? It must be fun deciding which machine to use.

The yellow one is a La Peppina. Like the concept but the materials (Zimac) used were inferior to the brass of the other two machines. Vintage lever espresso is another hobby I frequent from time to time. I sold all those machines and currently have 3 Faema Faemina machines similar to espresso machine on right of picture.

Top Bottom