What's new

Café Acquisition Thread

They had 5 grinders in total from low volume out of the way Cafes so we think they all have at least 40kgs left.

I pledged a Kickstarter for a collapsible coffee cup which was dubbed the SmashCup. They ran into trouble with the name and now their calling it Stojo (http://stojo.co/) but besides not being thrilled with the name I like the cup. The branding on the cup, the carrying case, and the instructions all have SmashCup on them, probably because it had already been produced for the Kickstarter. I haven't really taken it mobile yet, but have used it, washed it in the dishwasher, and today carefully brewed a cup with my Kalita 155 into it (carefully so that it doesn't collapse or tip).

$Stojo.jpg

Interesting cup, thanks for posting the pictures. I might have liked a one letter change to StashCup instead, as it is not immediately obvious the name should be parsed as(Sto)rage-(Jo)e. Nice that it supports the weight of a glass pour-over.

I picked up an AeroPress yesterday. I brewed my first cup with it this morning, and for a first try — it's a pretty good cup o' joe. :thumbup1:

Nothing fancy but I got a Krups Burr Grinder today. a GVX2. Light years ahead of the Cuisinart one that died. But he Cuisinart served me well for five years and lots of moves. It was always the last box packed so we could unload it quick. :)

Maybe not very exciting, but I have been without v60 filters for a while and making do with substitutes. It is nice to have proper filters again. A few beans of Tanzania Ruvuma in the foreground.
proxy.php

Maybe not very exciting, but I have been without v60 filters for a while and making do with substitutes. It is nice to have proper filters again. A few beans of Tanzania Ruvuma in the foreground.

Chemex filters will do in a pinch. A tad larger but the same 60 degree shape and a LOT easier to source locally than Hario filters. :yesnod:

Hario 2 o'clock - Chemex 8 o'clock

proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Treated myself to a Baratza Esatto scale attachment. I'll never save enough coffee to pay for it but it makes things easy and repeatable. Also replaced the switch for the espresso pump that was on its last legs.
$Espresso setup.jpg

Picked up a NOS 1.85 liter Zojirushi air pot.

Just barely holds the full 12 cups that the commercial Bunn brews

proxy.php

Treated myself to a Baratza Esatto scale attachment. I'll never save enough coffee to pay for it but it makes things easy and repeatable.

I have the same setup. Super sweet. Press the button. Walk away and have the exact amount of ground coffee you want to use.

I could not run a grinder without some sort of electronic help any more. I have become too dependent on them now.

proxy.php

Tong up! 4x100g of raw pu-erh form White2Tea. It's their "basics" set, $40 shipped anywhere in the world.

$image.jpg

A lot of it is really new sheng so I might keep it in the tong for a while.

I picked up a PB made in Italy manual coffee grinder and a Krups frothing pitcher at a flea market today for a grand total of $7. In regards to the PB, I took the burr out, cleaned it up and gave it a whirl. It should work fine for pour over brews at the office.

Top Bottom