What's new

Cade scent

I recently tried Cade shaving soap and I love the scent. Does anyone know of a cologne that smells like cad soap?

Balm yes, splash no.

Dab some Bombay Sapphire behind the ears...Cade always reminds me of a freshly mixed G&T...

To my nose Tam Dao and Tom Ford Santal Blush both remind me of the now discontinued Cade splash, which smelled even better than the soap.

But neither is exactly the same. I've been looking for a long time and I've found nothing that smells exactly like Cade.

Baie de Genievre has a lot of juniper and I like it, Pen's Juniper Sling has a juniper start too, but yes, neither is very much like Cade IMO.

To my nose Tam Dao and Tom Ford Santal Blush both remind me of the now discontinued Cade splash, which smelled even better than the soap.

But neither is exactly the same. I've been looking for a long time and I've found nothing that smells exactly like Cade.

I was going to suggest tam dao...it's supposed to be sandalwood but smells very cedary to me but definitely woody, not like cade which is more like fresh cedar/juniper leaves but it might be close enough.

I have a little bit of the splash that I periodically milk and will definitely miss when gone. I'm sure if they made a EdT it would be popular; it's a great scent. Other juniper based scents such as Creed BdG and Pens JS are good scents, but do not match the pure, natural juniper EO smell of the L'Occitane products.

Your best bet is probably to find a natural cedar based scent as per some of the above recommendations (Tam Dao, Santal Blush, Bois Marocain, etc.). They won't match perfectly, but I can't think of anything else that would fit the bill.

Guess I'll try the tam dao. Anyone know where is a good place to buy this? Preferably in sample size to start.

If you want to sample Tam Dao, write directly to Diptyque. I did that several years ago and they sent me a generous selection of items from the Tam Dao range and threw in some other stuff for good measure.

If you want to sample Tam Dao, write directly to Diptyque. I did that several years ago and they sent me a generous selection of items from the Tam Dao range and threw in some other stuff for good measure.
Thanks! I will do that. I've had trouble finding samples of it.

I have been using Acca Cappa's Cedar aftershave splash after using cade soap and I find them to be complementary. I might spring for the cologne version at some point.

On its own Cade oil has a formidable scent. To my nose it is almost tar like. I bought some a few years ago in hopes of replicating Cade Splash. It didn't work out. The Cade oil in the splash was just one component that made it great.

Top Bottom