What's new

Cade Rich Shaving Cream Tub Impressions

Since I had a gift voucher for L'Occitane, I could not resist spending part of it on the Cade Rich Shaving Cream in the tub. This product has always intrigued me having gone through reformulations over recent years - and the fact that L'Occitane is easily obtainable since the store is in most major shopping malls! Given its very high price-point, I would never spend my own cash on this product although I am very familiar with Cade as a fragrance and love it. I also have the shaving soap which is indeed a very good product. My initial impressions of the shaving cream are generally quite favourable. It took only an almond size amount to effectively face lather for two passes with very easy lather creation. The lather was super rich and very creamy. At one point, it felt as though I had an amazing moisturising layer on my face although the eventual after-shave effect (once rinsed off) was substantially less so and even marginally drying. Slickness and protection were acceptable - however not near my standard-bearer, Truefitt & Hill. Fragrance was very very subtle and despite it being part of the Cade family, there is not much Cade to speak of - but what there is of it is really pleasing nonetheless. These are initial impressions only which may well change with further use (as I dial in more) and I will report back. As a luxury 'splurge' it seems to be worth it although there are clearly many other competitors out there. Clearly, if you like Cade and have the fragrance and even the balm, this product retains enough quality to be a fitting part of the broader package. It would've felt more 'luxury' had the tub been made of glass rather than plastic though - especially at the retail price!

I also prefer Truefitt & Hill or The Body Shop to L'Occitane Cade. The lather tends to dry up when I use it in drier countries. I ever had cuts because of dried up lather on my face. It's fine if used in higher humidity areas.

I'm not going to buy it again after I have used up the whole tube.

I also have the balm which I don't really like also because it leaves an oily layer on my skin a few minutes after applying.

I also prefer Truefitt & Hill or The Body Shop to L'Occitane Cade. The lather tends to dry up when I use it in drier countries. I ever had cuts because of dried up lather on my face. It's fine if used in higher humidity areas.

I'm not going to buy it again after I have used up the whole tube.

I also have the balm which I don't really like also because it leaves an oily layer on my skin a few minutes after applying.
I agree entirely on the AS Balm which is definitely on the oily side. It doesn't compare, IMHO, with the simply outstanding balm formulations from T&H which absorb instantly. But what I do like is the Cade fragrance so these products do augment the fragrance even though they are weaker than others. I will test the shaving cream further - nothing really wrong with it except that at that price-point, there are surely better options!

Top Bottom