What's new

CADE is rapidly becoming my favorite

I purchased a puck of CADE a week or so ago.....as of today I think it has become or is at least becoming my favorite soap.

It is very much like PdP but seems to load my brush and lather a tad more easily. It has a very subtle scent that is pleasant and clean too.

I find the thick creamy lather to be damn near perfect providing a great shave and leaving my face feeling smooth and moisturized also.

At $10 a puck it seems a good bargain.

My mug of Tabac has been pushed farther and farther back.

I have a tub of Krissy's OS on my list to buy next...something that I hope exceeds CADE's capabilities.

I just bought a puck of this to try. I've only used creams up to now, but I was intrigued by the scent.

Love my Cade shave soap, please do your self a favor and try the aftershave lotion. I also use the balm when I'm some place cold and dry (I travel for a living) but the lotion has a much much better scent.

I grated my puck down and divided it between a 2 oz travel container and a 3 oz home container. It's a great winter scent and a nice slick shave.

its great stuff, alright.

Cheap too (if you can avoid buying that great looking metal bowl... I couldnt)

Cade is a great soap and the aftershave is lovely. The cream sucks to no end, though. Worst cream I've ever used.

I stopped by the Chandler mall again, sniffed the AS one more time, just to make sure I wasn't crazy...

Its growing on me, but its still to much of a hippy-esque scent for me to drop $28 on.

Oh, man. I love the scent. That and C&E Nomad.

Here on the westside our malls suck. We have Arrowhead and Westgate. I have my choice of my teens or douchebags.

Must be why I go to Scottsdale if I need to hit a mall. That and the smoking hot women with way more money than I.

What were we talking about again?

I have a tub of Krissy's OS on my list to buy next...something that I hope exceeds CADE's capabilities.

I'm a big fan of Cade as well. I have a couple of Krissy's soaps and to be honest I think Cade is easier to lather. If you get the right scent from PC, something you'll really enjoy it will be worth it for you but I'm not sure I'd be willing to compare it to Cade (if it works really well for you).

Oh, man. I love the scent. That and C&E Nomad.

Here on the westside our malls suck. We have Arrowhead and Westgate. I have my choice of my teens or douchebags.

Must be why I go to Scottsdale if I need to hit a mall. That and the smoking hot women with way more money than I.

What were we talking about again?

:lol:

I prefer Chandler mall, less people and generally I can get to what product I want un molested, plus my girl is assistant manager at Wet-Seal ahh eye candy yes she makes a good Avatar!

I mean theres Bath and Body Works, L'Occitane and the Body Shop...

Oh yes the soap, oops never tried it :biggrin:

CADE is starting to get more attention. I am finding that as I use it a little more and starting getting past those first few layers of the soap that it gets better. I had the same experience with PdP. Both PdP and CADE feel about the same when lathered up and put on my face. It comes down to which scent I prefer that day: Clean Citron smell versus Juniper.

For a combo I still like the PdP soap and aftershave balm together. The CADE aftershave balm still has that sun tan lotion smell.

I still find time for the TABAC, but it's going to be awhile before I try another tallow soap. I am just enjoying PdP and CADE too much.

its great stuff, alright.

Cheap too (if you can avoid buying that great looking metal bowl... I couldnt)

I couldn't resist the sweet aluminum bowl either! :blushing:

CADE SS is right up there with the best, and it's not even tallow. I still can't understand Sodapopjones' aversion to the ASL, unless he is talking about the balm which, although I like it, I can see how others might have a different reaction. The CADE AS splash, on the other hand, to me, is simply wonderful. :001_wub:

BTW, the L'Occitane BAUX EdT and ASB are both worth checking out.

I have not sprung for the CADE AFbalm. Seems pricey too me, and I do like the PdP balm very much.

I dropped my CADE puck in a latte mug and boy can I load a brush on that. CADE seems a tad bit softer than PdP to me and loads on my brush maybe twice as fast.

TABAC seems to have a load of followers (it is admittedly a fine shave), but for me CADE beats it hands down for shear joy of shaving with a pleasurable scent.

You bet!!

It IS a great soap, definitely.
Scent-wise, performance-wise and a staple in my den.:001_wub:

And, well... I too had to cave in for the alu dish :blush:

C_J

CADE was the first soap I bought, but lately I was getting a consistently better lather from my other, cheaper soaps. (I couldn't get it to be thick enough, while still lubricating) Tonight I decided to try it with some distilled water instead of my normal, hard tap water, and wow! Super thick later, and still slick as hell! :001_wub:

I used it for the first time tonight and I was very pleasantly surprised. Quite easy to get copious lather, which wasn't heavily scented and very lubricating and protective. I went after hard after some difficult patches yet had no sting in those areas when I applied alum. I got more than a DFS; I got a BBS shave, and its been a while. It feels good. :smile:

I couldn't resist the sweet aluminum bowl either! :blushing:

CADE SS is right up there with the best, and it's not even tallow. I still can't understand Sodapopjones' aversion to the ASL, unless he is talking about the balm which, although I like it, I can see how others might have a different reaction. The CADE AS splash, on the other hand, to me, is simply wonderful. :001_wub:

BTW, the L'Occitane BAUX EdT and ASB are both worth checking out.

I got the bowl too! Great soap and I love the scent.

As far as the L'Occitane BAUX EdT, I use The Shave Den Bourbon Vanilla Aftershave milk or splash with this. The scents complement each other very well IMO.

I'm a big fan of Cade as well. Great soap, lousy bowl. Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid corrosion? I get black deposits all over the soap from the oxidizing aluminum. Kind of wrecks an otherwise excellent product?

Top Bottom