What's new

Cabbage Rolls?

Well if you like it as a dip, we normally use cool ranch doritos, salsa, and shredded monterey jack cheese. occasionally we will add leftover seasoned hamburg taco and sprinkle it over the batch, this we have a 9x12 microwaveable pan, put all the chips, sauce, toppings, meat etc then cheese and nuke it till most of the cheese melts.
you can use the chili sauce in place of salsa if you wanted,,,
and then throw some guacamole and sour cream on it!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm Canadian. We invented "pineapple on pizza".

Me too, Ontario. I'll raise your pineapple pizza one tequila Caesar.

caesar-drink.jpg

Who am I kidding. Make that one pitcher of Caesars lol.

Too lazy to do the "rolling" part of cabbage roll. A variation of this is a staple at our house. We typically use different meat but the recipe makes a reasonable starting place for a hearty and easy to make dish for when the weather gets cooler/cold.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I just finished another batch. There are 40 in the oven this time at 350F.

IMG_3352.JPG

I measured out 2 cups of dry rice, rinsed it well, then precooked it and let it cool while still boiling two medium cabbages. I diced 1lb bacon, 1lb ground beef and one large finely chopped White Onion. Added the cooled rice to the meat and onion, added around 1oz Paprika, 1oz Black Pepper and maybe 1oz of sea salt and mixed it all together thoroughly, rolled them up and poured a large can of Heinz Tomato Juice

96463.jpg

into the Dutch Oven I used to mix the meats, onion and seasonings to rinse it out, then poured it all over the cabbage rolls.

The two cabbages gave me 40 rolls and I used all of the mix. It worked out perfectly. They really smell good.

They went in the oven at 5pm. I'll take them out at 630pm and see how they look.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
90 minutes at 350F.

90@350F.JPG

The juice isnt cooked down yet and the cabbage isnt cooked enough. They need a couple more hours but they are tasty...

They also need basting. The ones on the top are a bit dry.

Top Bottom