What's new

C.O. Bigelow Brushes

I'm just starting out and I bought a pure badger brush from the C.O. Bigelow store here in the Village. Who makes these brushes? It has only their logo on it. Is this a good brush? Would appreciate any info.

whatsit look like?

CO Bigelow is proraso, and I think omega makes some brushes for proraso, so that might be it.

whatsit look like?
http://www.bigelowchemists.com/index.php/cPath/712_393

CO Bigelow is proraso, and I think omega makes some brushes for proraso, so that might be it.
Don't jump to conclusions ... Proraso makes Bigelow's Shaving Cream in the green tube, but Bigelow makes many of their own products, as well.

Omega brushes are (I think) all boar bristle ... the Bigelow brushes are high-end badger hair. And the shape of the handle doesn't match Omega's hexagonal design.

Look at the design of the handles to determine the original manufacturer. They look to me to be similar, but not identical, to some Simpsons ... perhaps one of our more esteemed members can make a more precise identification.

http://www.bigelowchemists.com/index.php/cPath/712_393

Don't jump to conclusions ... Proraso makes Bigelow's Shaving Cream in the green tube, but Bigelow makes many of their own products, as well.

Omega brushes are (I think) all boar bristle ... the Bigelow brushes are high-end badger hair. And the shape of the handle doesn't match Omega's hexagonal design.

Look at the design of the handles to determine the original manufacturer. They look to me to be similar, but not identical, to some Simpsons ... perhaps one of our more esteemed members can make a more precise identification.

omega makes tonnes of badger brushes, in all kinds of handle shapes (I should know, ive an omega silvertip). Makes sense to me they would oursource their entire shaving line (cream&soap&brush)

To be more precise, those bigelow brushes kinda (though not exactly) look like omega 621/622 handles.

proxy.php

they even make cool chess piece brushes
proxy.php

Last edited:
Looks like Vulfix to me, similar to the 1000A model.

AFAIK can't be an Omega as all Omega brushes are made in Italy.

Here it is. What do you think?

A couple of years ago, someone from EJ said on this board that they made C.O. Bigelow brushes. Don't know if they still do, but I have one from that timeframe and it came with a tube case that looks just like the case I got with several other EJ brushes. My brush is a small pure badger with a similar shape. it has the same stainless collar and the hair are the spitting image of mine. My guess is your brush was made by EJ.

Norm

I'm just starting out and I bought a pure badger brush from the C.O. Bigelow store here in the Village. Who makes these brushes? It has only their logo on it. Is this a good brush? Would appreciate any info.

Some of the brushes illustrated appear very similar to Jagger models, IMO.

-- John Gehman

I agree with BroJohn, a lot of those brushes do look like Jagger brushes, especially the short fat-handled ones.

Top Bottom