What's new

C.O. Bigelow ASB?

Has anyone here used the C.O. Bigelow ASB? What are your thoughts?

I went by Bath and Body Works yesterday, which was a little off-putting being the only male in the store who wasn't dragged there by a female, to pick up some C.O. Bigelow shave cream (Proraso). Anyway, they were out of the cream by itself, so I ended up buying a gift pack that included a bottle of their body wash. I really like the smell of it, and I liked the way it worked this morning. I was curious about the corresponding ASB's, which smell the same. I usually don't use AS balms because my skin is fairly oily, but the only one I have tried is C&E. It was just too much grease for me. I read the reviews in that section of B&B, but there were only a couple of reviews there.

I have used both the Red, and Green varieties of this. They both smell really nice, and seem to perform adequately. I got them during a BOGO sale, so they were only $5.00 each. At that price, you really can't go wrong. :tongue_sm

I was not a user of Aftershaves prior to my start on this board, so I have little previous experience to compare them too: but they seem to work as designed; they soothe, and moisturize my face.

Do these balms seem to produce overly hydrated skin? That is my main worry, I guess. I definitely like the scents of the red and black flavors. Thanks for the input so far. I'll probably just end up buying one in a couple of weeks and just PIF-ing it to my brother or something if I don't like it.

I use the green Elixir ASB and body spray. The scent is not overpowering and a little old school, which I like. It does not leave my skin overhydrated at all, and I have oily skin to start with.

I use the green Elixir ASB and body spray. The scent is not overpowering and a little old school, which I like. It does not leave my skin overhydrated at all, and I have oily skin to start with.

That's what I was hoping to find out. I think I'll pick some up next time I'm in town.

Not much of a balm fan but I do like the cologne (Black & Red). The balm was nice but not enough to make my rotation. I was really turned off by the size of the bottle and more because the bottle wasn't full to the top. :bored:

The #1200 is very good stuff. Very soothing leaves the skin feeling very moisturized without being greasy. The red/blue/green/black are good, but seem a little more greasy (relatively speaking). This may explain the $5 difference between the #1200 and the others. I haven't compared the ingredients.

I didn't see the 1200 or the bay rum in the store I went to. Of course, I wasn't really looking for it. I'll have to check them out when I get back over there. I really liked the smells of the red and black elixer. I was mostly just curious about their performance. I'll look into those others, though. Thanks for the input, guys.

The grey bottled #1200 is the stuff I use in the morning. Highly recommended. I have pretty dry skin this time of year, and it hydrates and softens my face very well without interfering with my cologne.

I use the black ASB and I like it a lot, for both the scent (which doesn't last very long, but is nice while it's there) and the way my skin feels. Not tacky at all. Not greasy, at least to me. It finishes dry and smooth and seems to accentuate the quality of the shave.

I use the Black Elixir ASB and it's great. It leaves my skin feeling great with no burn. Plus my wife loves the smell which isn't over-powering and doesn't linger too long.

I use the balms in the winter occasionally.. Of their scents I prefer the Black Elixir and Bay Rum balms..

Top Bottom