What's new

C-Mon wedge

Today I was in an antique store looking around, and found a few straight razors. Most notably a C-Mon wedge. Two of them actually that are in pretty good condition. I didn't pick them up, but I'm kind of regretting not getting at least the better of the two. I am finding I like the heavier grind razors the most. These were, I think, a little over 5/8 and in good enough shape that any restoring would be minimal. I did the usual searches, but came up empty, so I guess what I'm getting at is this. How are these razors? Any gratuitous razor pics are greatly appreciated.

Ok, thanks guys. I might see if he'll make a deal on a pair. One needs a little more cleaning than the other, and the enamel in the diamond is worn out, but they caught my eye.

Well, I picked up the better of two today for 38 dollars. I think I got a pretty good deal. It's a hair over 6/8 and it needs a little TLC, but not much. I need to find some nickel rod to re pin it before I take it apart to clean it up. I hope to save the domed washers as I have no idea how to do them.... But I'll be honing it up tonight and shaving with it..

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks for the replies. I am really looking forward to using it.

Nice razor and excellent price! What did you use for the handle on that razor that is holding the blade open?

I used a piece of aluminum bar end. I drilled a hole in it and used clear liquid nails to hold it in place. I wrapped a leather thong around it part way, but I'm not sure it will stay on it.

Very nice, It looks in good enough shape that you shouldn't have to unpin it in my opinion. Its nearly impossible to replicate the look of those original washers.

There is a little red rust in the pivot. I have no idea where it could have come from. I believe tonight was the first time it has seen a hone. The edge was rolled pretty badly, and I had to get past some chipping on the edge. It was worth it though, it is a great shaver. I think the edge could be a little better, but that is my honing skills, not the razor.

Now to find a frame back in the wild..... the last on my list. Then I'm done..... I think....

Top Bottom