What's new

C J Heljestrand No. 2 vs EDV Neistrom No. 57

My NOS EDV Neistrom arrived yesterday and I thought in interesting to compare to the CJH. (both cut a hair out of the box but the CJH feels sharper, if you touch the blade gently with your thumb you can feel and hear every fingerprint ridge on the thin blade)

I had read on the internet that the the EDV Neistrom 57 was a 5/8 but when I measure it appears to be 6/8, its certainly bigger, thicker and heavier than the CJH no2

I think it seems shinier, I'm wondering if the EDV could be chrome/nickel plated?
(the pic shows it cleaned with good metal cleaners) and wiped with alcohol.)

When it arrived in its original paper it had some dark discolouration spots on the blade, these seem to rub off fairly easily with cleaner (part of plating process?)

For info, both the 2 razors were NOS

Thanks to the mod who noticed I posted this in the wrong place and moved it, I noticed too late 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1330.png
    IMG_1330.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1329.png
    IMG_1329.png
    525.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Just tested the 57 after quick touch up with 16k and 30k followed by cordovan strop, I thought the CJH was good, first test of the 57 with alum block rub is better IMHO, just feeling smooth skin wtg and atg (both are great though).

I'm really liking this Swedish steel :ouch1:

The next one always seems better. Two collectible beauties for sure, congratulations! Enjoy the ride.

Top Bottom