What's new

C&E "Best" Badger Brush?

Hello All,

We were discussing candidates for first time brushes on another thread and the $35 C&E "Best" badger brush came up as a good choice.

I agree. I have one. But my C&E "best" badger says "pure" on the back.

full

full

Randy took some photos of his "best" C&E badger and his is labeled "best".

This looks and feels like "best". So is the forum concensus that the brush is just mislabeled?

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sam

Richard: Kent does label its BK brushes as Pure, though it is their top of the line or Super hair. Visually, it looks like the best hair in Simpsons, but is definitely better than pure badger.

Now, I had a C&E brush I gave my father and it was labeled best badger and I got it for $35 years ago. It was their medium size as well. The Super and large super badger brush was $85 or $105 as I recall. The $35 brush I got was actually a $50 brush in their store, but that was about 4 or 5 years ago

sam

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Hello All,

We were discussing candidates for first time brushes on another thread and the $35 C&E "Best" badger brush came up as a good choice.

I agree. I have one. But my C&E "best" badger says "pure" on the back.

full

full

Randy took some photos of his "best" C&E badger and his is labeled "best".

This looks and feels like "best". So is the forum concensus that the brush is just mislabeled?

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Richard,
Some firms, and some re-brands (IE brushes made for C&E, Trumper, etc) are often labeled as specified by the client. For example Kent brushes are labeled "Pure Badger" regardless of the hair - like my BK4 "silvertip" is labeled as pure badger. I'd lay you odds your version simply says "pure" as a reference to the fact that it is made solely of badger hair - not the grade of badger hair. I am sure a C&E marketing jockey figured out they could label them "best" and actually be a better description of the hair - and make it seem like it is a better brush than it is.... as "best badger" sounds better than "pure badger"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I just checked, and my C&E brush does say best badger, It is a fairly new brush, maybe the older ones say Pure?

By gosh, mine is a bit over 5 years old and it is labeled Super.. This September it will turn 6! Great brush for the money.

Hello All,

Thank you for the verifications. Like I alluded to previously, irregardless how a brush is labeled, its performance is what counts and this C&E "pure-best-super" ivory-handled EJ badger brush fits the bill.

Quality control in the labeling department at its finest, eh?

Thanks, again!

Cheers,
Richard
Plano, Hotter than Hell, TX

Top Bottom