What's new

C&E Almond Shaving Cream

I ordered a tub of the sweet almond oil shave cream from the C&E Web site for $12.50 two days ago. It arrived today, with a 25 ml tube of lavender hand therapy cream.

jmhAZ said:
Silly man, buy two tubs! Failing that, pickup a tube of Sienna.
Cheers,
Jeff

P.S. They will throw some free goodies in the box with your cream. You can gift them to SWMBO and take full credit. They really have thought of everything at C&E.
or the sandlewood or Sienna shave soap, ASB or EDT. Collect the whole set...

I just went into the C&E store in Bellevue and picked up a plastic tub of this for only $6.00! I'll give it a try tomorrow but given some of the comments I've read it seemed like to good of a deal to pass up.

I just posted in the shopping forum that the glass jars are half off...$12.50. Since it is one of the discontinued items...I guess we have the final answer just in case there was some doubt.

The Sweet Almond Oil in the glass jar has disappeared from the C&E Web site again.

I sent an impassioned e-mail imploring them to bring it back (for whatever good that will do). Pamela Ricci of customer service wrote me back and said she would forward my comments to the marketing and product development departments. She also directed me to a store that still had some in stock. I ordered their last two jars for $6 each plus shipping.

Perhaps if more fans of this product sent e-mail, it might make a difference. After all, the TV show Arrested Development was renewed for its second season due to viewer demand. (Fox still couldn't figure out how to market it. Pity.)

Send your begging letters to: [email protected].

I just bought two glass tubs on Sunday and they seemed to have plenty. The clerks were surprised it was only $12.50, they even kinda argued with me about it until I asked them to scan it. So I guess check your local stores and you might get lucky.

If it's $6 now I'm going to grab the rest. :biggrin:

I'm somewhat dissapointed in the smell of the C&E sweet almond oil. Its not really as sweet, or almondy as I was hoping. Maybe this is why they are discontinuing it. If anything I'd like to see them reformulate it to be better smelling and bring it back.

This is sorta my own fault but still! I was at an C&E store and they had a sample container of the Almond cream in the tub with one box behind it. Without paying attention, I grabbed the tub and bought it for $25. Only when I got home did I realize it was Sandlewood (which I know for a fact was on display on a completely different shelf). Granted the Sandlewood was okay and I kept it, but I felt sorta betrayed that they had that behind the Almond sample. I do have to admit though it was my own stupid fault for not paying attention to what I was purchasing! Oh well, the Sandlewood isn't bad, wish it was the Almond though.

Once I figure out how to post pictures I will post the beautiful one I got of my new 5 tubs of the old plastic almond oil, and the 3 unopened and 1 opened tub of the new version (glass) of the almond oil. I cleaned out the Seattle (Bellevue store) C&E (well, no, there were still 2 plus the open display container). $30, 5 tubs of cream, how could you go wrong.

:w00t:

Darren

Why thank you Mitch :biggrin:

Now for anyone still following this thread. I used the "older" version of the Sweet Almond Oil cream, in the platic tub, for the first time today. I found the cream more firm and more difficult to whip up. I ended up with a chunk of cream that did not ever whip up and stayed somewhat solid after I finished my shave. On the bright side, I found the shave about as good with the old cream as it is with the new cream.

This same "firmness" if you will, was also found in the tester of Trumper Rose that I obtained from Scotto. My questions is this, is this firmness normal for the Sweet Almond Oil in the old tub, and if so, how does one best whip it up? Could this "firmness" be a factor of age, since the plastic tubs are older than the new ones? Being as I found this same consistency in my sample of Trumper Rose, I am making the assumption that it could be an issue related to age.

Anyway, how can I best deal with this issue? More water? More heat? Both?

Thanks as always to the member of this board for help,

Darren

My tubs of C&E Sweet Almond Oil are both on the firm side. That said, I've never had a problem breaking it down with some firm swishes of the brush.

I picked up a jar at a local shop that wasn't discounting them yet.

$25. I shaved twice with it. The scene is not as strong as I'd hoped but it lubricates quite well. Like it so far. Are the tubes the same size? can I just squeeze the tube into the empy jar when I want more? I don't use a shaving bowl/mug because no matter how hard I try it never lathers as well as directly on the face.

Also picked up some tom's and (per my date's recommendation) kiss my face. Not expecting much from either of them, hoping they will be good enough for my "shave at the gym" kit.

The shop was great, though. It has all the L'Occitane products, except maybe their fabulous antiperspirant, the full C&E line, and some interesting cheaper stuff like Alba body cream.

I find that a few of my creams are pretty thick, and will leave "chunks" in the bowl if I don't use really HOT water. If I do, no chunks.:001_cool:

S

Sam

The only Almond scent I tried is Trumpers and some guy told me when I traded that mine was off. It was a strong, almost foody scent. That said, the reason I want to try the cream tomorrow is all of you say it is very lubricating. By that, I think you mean slick. None of my Trumpers or anything British will I say is as "slick" as the QED shave stick but when lathered, I dont know anything that is greasy/oily/slick. Im trying this tomorrow morning

sam

mrob said:
I find that a few of my creams are pretty thick, and will leave "chunks" in the bowl if I don't use really HOT water. If I do, no chunks.:001_cool:

YES!!!!! That is what happens. I found if I lather in the actual tub with my brush, tub upside down, I get enough cream and then lather it in my steel mixing bowl. It does seem more the consistency of the Proraso soap (in the green tub) than the new cream.

Darren

Sam said:
The only Almond scent I tried is Trumpers and some guy told me when I traded that mine was off. It was a strong, almost foody scent. That said, the reason I want to try the cream tomorrow is all of you say it is very lubricating. By that, I think you mean slick. None of my Trumpers or anything British will I say is as "slick" as the QED shave stick but when lathered, I dont know anything that is greasy/oily/slick. Im trying this tomorrow morning

sam

I have no idea what you imagine the distinction between lubricating and "causing to be slick" are, but I can assure you that lubricating is not an inaccurate word. I can't speak for others but I'm referring to the fact that my face is left slippery/smooth by the cream, a desired effect of any cream.

Top Bottom