What's new

C&E Almond Oil Shaving Cream

It's on page 28 of the reviews section for shaving creams.

I used to get it when it came in a plastic tub--never had it so good!

Have not tried the jar IS IT AVAILABLE?

Is it available in a tube version? Or has it vanished from the planet for good?

If the former, please tel me where to buy it. If the latter, what other almond shaving cream is A+?

Of the " name brands" I've only tried T&H---Not bad, but by comparison to the old Crabtree and Evelyn, it's a B+ at best.:eek:

Suggestions Please!:w00t:

Thanks in Advance.

If the former, please tel me where to buy it. If the latter, what other almond shaving cream is A+?

Of the " name brands" I've only tried T&H---Not bad, but by comparison to the old Crabtree and Evelyn, it's a B+ at best.:eek:

Thanks in Advance.

As far as I know C&E stopped producing the stuff. I still have half a tube of the Almond oil I love the stuff. I use it sparingly, I can't find any at all now. I Kick my self, when I got in to DE shaving C&E had 5 dollar pucks and I passed on them. Try ebay there may people out there that stocked up before it wa totally out.

:w00t:

Thx, Eldragon.
Now we're both kicking ourselves.

There's one-- or is it two threads on this page re T&H almond--which I mentioned was a B+ for me in comparison to the C&E--I don't expect anyone to agree unless like yourself they tried the C&E---Now vanished from earth!

Any other suggestions? I've never tried TOBS almond. Does Castle Forbes or anyone else make a better one?

I know, search engine. considering there's 400 entries under 'almond' perhaps someone will be kind to this noob.

BTW, it wasn't JUST the almond that made the C&E great, it was--hell I don't know WHAT they put into it, but whatever it was it was a great shave. I'd be happy if there was something that great in sandalwood. (skip menthol and strong citrus)

Perhaps I should just get TOBS avocado cream and get it over with!

( Which I'm told does not smell of avocados, it smells like--well I don't know but it's supposed to glide.)

At the moment I'm using Kiss My Face unscented.
It also glides,
but what a boring life.

Suggestions for the second best almond cream in the universe (or failing that 2nd best cream in the universe) would be appreciated,

Thank you, gentlemen.

Thanks in Advance.

I'm right there with you - I used the C&E Almond for YEARS, and suddenly I couldn't find it anymore about 3 years ago. My solution: TOBS Almond Oil Shave Cream. Nice (if a bit artificial - see the review thread) almond scent, good lather, slick and moisturizing shave, and it's less expensive than the C&E. It's available in both the tub (similar to the older C&E ivory plastic one) and tube.

might try Cyril Salters, I think they produce an almond, if not they definitely make a great sandalwood-very good cream-large tub, great price

Their almond is amazing. Get it!

Amazing in what way? I am looking for an almond cream that shaves well AND has an aroma that lasts into or until the end of the shave. TOBS and Trumpers shave well, but their aroma doesn't last past first application below my nose - and I emphasize MY NOSE. (For instance, I do not smell lavender.) I am about to obtain a sample of D.R. Harris to try. Am intrigued by any that has aroma longevity. Thanks, John

Last edited:
Top Bottom