What's new

C&E Almond Oil Discontinued?

I was at my local C&E "Silver Purveyor" late last week and was advised that the almond oil cream has been discontinued. Any one else heard of this? Very disappointing news if true. :sad: They had jars of Nomad, Sienna, and Sandlewood in stock, however. Naturally, I bought all three!

Ernie

I've just checked the UK and US C&E websites. There's no Sweet Almond in the US site but the UK one still sells it.

Perhaps it's just being discontinued from the US.

I noticed this last weekend and tried to call C&E to find out, but their service line is closed on the weekend. It would be a shame if it was discontinued. - Justin

I just got off the phone with their customer support. The location of it on the website did change (Collections->Botanicals->Almond Oil). Unfortunately, the representative said it wasn't clear whether or not it was being discontinued. Her reasoning was that it was recently repackaged (good sign), but was on sale (bad sign). So I guess we will have to wait and see. - Justin

So,

This leaves me in a somewhat tricky situation... Sweet almond oil is, without any doubt, my favourite C&E offering. Now, if it is being discontinued I want to go pick up a tub. However, if it is not going to be discontinued, well, in that case I would rather not pick it up until such a time that I need it (ie, I am finished with my current cache). What is a man to do?

NMMB said:
So,

This leaves me in a somewhat tricky situation... Sweet almond oil is, without any doubt, my favourite C&E offering. Now, if it is being discontinued I want to go pick up a tub. However, if it is not going to be discontinued, well, in that case I would rather not pick it up until such a time that I need it (ie, I am finished with my current cache). What is a man to do?

The answer to all these questions is simply, "Buy more."

letterk said:
The answer to all these questions is simply, "Buy more."

Ah, "buy more" - the quintessential B&B answer to ANY problem.

You don't like something? Buy more of an alternative product. You do like something? Buy more of that product. Your car is broken? buy a new one. Your wife is insane? You obviously need to add a new wife to the stable.

NMMB said:

You don't like something? Buy more of an alternative product. You do like something? Buy more of that product. Your car is broken? buy a new one. Your wife is insane? You obviously need to add a new wife to the stable.
Now you've got it!:biggrin: To celebrate this achievement you should buy something!

NMMB said:
So,

Do like my lovely SO did and hit up every TJMAXX in town. I've given a few away and still have enough to last me through the apocalypse. - Justin

I was at C&E a few weeks ago and the lady helping said the Almond Oil was their least favorite. I was surpised and told her it was quite popular with us on-line folk.

NMMB said:

It's just simple logic...:w00t:

FYI - I asked in one of their retail stores today and they told me "the discontinuation was just for repackaging reasons".

Dave

I called C&E today and they won't say either way. The lady on the phone said "yes sir, we've received many calls about this and at this time, we cannot comment as we don't have enough information, but we are looking into it."

The problem I see is why is C&E putting it on sale on their website. Looks like i'm going to be buying one of those now. IS THIS SCAD EVER GOING TO END?! First Mama Bear orders now this...:tongue_sm

KC_Dave said:
FYI - I asked in one of their retail stores today and they told me "the discontinuation was just for repackaging reasons".

Dave

They've alredy repackaged it. They went from the plastic tub to the glass jar.

Guys,
Here is the reply to my inquiry yesterday to C&E regarding Almond Oil Cream....I'm not too sure she's sure!

Ernie
------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ernie,

I have not heard that they were going to discontinue the Sweet Almond
Oil Shave Creams. As far as I can see in my system they are going to
keep the Sweet Almond Oil Shave cream. Maybe they will be changing the
container and that might be why it is on sale.

I hope this eases your mind some. If there is anything else that we can
do for you, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Pamela Ricci
Customer Service Department
Crabtree & Evelyn
P.O. Box 167
102 Peake Brook Road
Woodstock, CT 06281
(860) 928-2761 Ext. 3515
(800) 272-2873 Ext. 3515

Top Bottom