What's new

C & D's Gentleman Caller

Update, all,

I tried the MM hardwood again this morning after a week or more off. I'd found that the shank came loose from the bowl, so I put a drop or two of wood glue in there, as some of you suggested, and let it sit for some days. This morning I loaded it up with the Gentleman Caller. It smoked quickly, as ribbon cuts often do for me, but this time the leaf did not heat up as fast, nor did the pipe. I got about 15 minutes' worth of nice smoke with only a bit of pepperiness on my tongue. Is it at all possible that the loose shank might have been letting a tiny bit of air into the bowl on my previous attempts, so that the stuff burned hotter than it should have?

In any case this went much better. GC does not seem to do a lot for me in the taste or aroma departments, not like Half & Half and the other codgers I've tried. But it was certainly better than the 6-minute overheated smoke I got last time.

Ran some GC in the MM hardwood this morning at my desk. I must not have dried it enough beforehand, as I had a hard time keeping it lit. The same was true of the Edward G. I smoked in the same pipe just afterward. I need to allow at least 20 minutes' drying time for my tobaccos, I guess.

As I mentioned last time, Gentleman Caller does not do a lot for me in the taste or aroma departments. Tin note is great, but I'm not as fond of smoking it as I thought I would be.

Ran some GC in the MM hardwood this morning at my desk. I must not have dried it enough beforehand, as I had a hard time keeping it lit. The same was true of the Edward G. I smoked in the same pipe just afterward. I need to allow at least 20 minutes' drying time for my tobaccos, I guess.

As I mentioned last time, Gentleman Caller does not do a lot for me in the taste or aroma departments. Tin note is great, but I'm not as fond of smoking it as I thought I would be.
Have you tried it in a briar?

Have you tried it in a briar?
Oh, yes, I have -- in a small bent GBD apple that I've had since the '90s. It's pleasant enough tobacco, but I'm not really enthused about it.

I'm also beginning to suspect that I'm smoking too often, and so each session is nothing special. If you eat a favorite food every day for a month, you get sick of it. Perhaps if I spread my smoke sessions out more, I will appreciate them more.

Top Bottom