What's new

C&D tin bulge

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Anyone know if these things can rupture? My Caroline Red Flake small batch from Nov 18’ are bulging as well as many of my Va based blends.

I can’t imagine them blowing up, but who knows?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Tin bulging happens, and they can burst. Sometimes bulging tins will settle down after a while and then shrink back down. I just monitor the bulging tins but don’t worry to much about them. I’ll give them a little squeeze to see if they still have some give. If they’re super bulging, with no give, I’ll put them somewhere I can monitor them more closely, like just a quick check every week or so. But I won’t open them prematurely. If they burst, you’ll smell it and be able to tell, and I’d just jar them up then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Tin bulging happens, and they can burst. Sometimes bulging tins will settle down after a while and then shrink back down. I just monitor the bulging tins but don’t worry to much about them. I’ll give them a little squeeze to see if they still have some give. If they’re super bulging, with no give, I’ll put them somewhere I can monitor them more closely, like just a quick check every week or so. But I won’t open them prematurely. If they burst, you’ll smell it and be able to tell, and I’d just jar them up then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Micah. I have a buttload to monitor!!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
A buttload of feathers is heavier than a crapton of gold. Or was it a crapton of feathers is heavier than a buttload of gold? Darn I forget.

Top Bottom