What's new

C&D Smallbatch Mid August Release

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I’m pretty sure they’re due for a Carolina Red Flake with or without Perique release.
Yeah, that sounds about right. I’m hoping to hold out a bit for the Sutliff Whimsical. It was delayed till the end of August. Their Uno was sublime. Hoping the same for the Whimsical tin.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I’m pretty sure they’re due for a Carolina Red Flake with or without Perique release.
I actually read in another forum that it’s not happening this year. Anthology took its place.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Yeah, that sounds about right. I’m hoping to hold out a bit for the Sutliff Whimsical. It was delayed till the end of August. Their Uno was sublime. Hoping the same for the Whimsical tin.
I'm not even sure where I put the tins of Uno I bought. I really need a better storage system.

I got five or six Tins of the XX and XX with perique. I've been able to get a tin or two of the small batches oh some form. I'm not too worried about missing anything.

I do want to eventually try a sun bear. If my local shop gets some I'll buy some.

I just feel like if McCl was around the CD Small batch lines wouldnt exist.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I'd be in for Sansepolcro, Carolina Red Flake or Red Flake w/Perique. I'm going to have to real in the number of tins I buy on releases though...there no telling how much they pocket with the free shipping threshold. I'll have a reasonable selection of tobacco in my cart and then my pea brain says, "If you buy 3 or 4 more tins they'll cover shipping. I mean, thats like a free tin right there." Gets me every single time.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'd be in for Sansepolcro, Carolina Red Flake or Red Flake w/Perique. I'm going to have to real in the number of tins I buy on releases though...there no telling how much they pocket with the free shipping threshold. I'll have a reasonable selection of tobacco in my cart and then my pea brain says, "If you buy 3 or 4 more tins they'll cover shipping. I mean, thats like a free tin right there." Gets me every single time.
That's never been an influencer for me, free shipping isn't an attractor.
Unfortunately, I'm a sucker for blend names and labels. That's a weak spot that I at least recognize in myself.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
If it’s Red Va based and the grade is equal or better than past offerings I might buy. I’m not sure they have a high grade Red Va this year though, since they used old stock leaf for Anthology.

I opened my first tin not too long ago, at 5 years old, and I am really impressed.
I've been impressed with for a while. It was good at a year and the jar i keep popping isn't letting down. I know a few of us went heavy the first two years it came out. Need to start staggering a couple tins a year like Escudo.

Top Bottom