What's new

C&D Epiphany vs. Sutliff Revelation Match

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Has anyone tried both? I think they are both remakes of the old Revelation, is there any perceivable difference between the two? Is one more like the original Revelation blend? I bought samples of each, just wondering what to expect.

I can't compare to the original revelation but an older gentleman that used to own the cigar and pipe shop i frequent used to smoke revelation. He said nothing was a real match. He smokes Three Friars now. Unless he wants an English. Then it is London Squire.

Not that there is anything wrong with Epiphany. It just isn't in my wheelhouse of pipe tobaccos. I can't comment on the Sutliff having never tried it.

Try both, see what you like.

Of the 3, I've only had Epiphany which has improved with six years in a jar. It's mellowed out somewhat and smoother than fresh.

I really enjoy the Sutliff Match. I was going back and forth between the blends and @steveclarkus recommended the Sutliff. For the life of me I can't remember if he said it was closer or better. Probably a better blend (he's not a fan of C&D), that nothing really matches it. Anyways, Revelation Match is a good smoke.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I had my first bowl of Sutliff Revelation Match this AM. Very mild and enjoyable, sweet Virginia up front, somewhat fruity, woodsy. Latakia and Perique not very prominent. I probably could have smoked it down to the bottom of the bowl, but my smoke was interrupted, but had not become harsh. Most tobacco blends I can only make it two thirds of the way through a bowl before it becomes too harsh to finish. If I were an all day smoker. which I'm not, this blend would be a contender for an all day smoke. It will probably become a permanent fixture in my rotation.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I jarred up most of the C&D Epiphany but haven't smoked any yet. But by the "baggie" note, I suspect that the Latakia will be more prominent in this one.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
As I mentioned in another thread, the Epiphany does indeed have a more up front Latakia presence and while not bad, I also much prefer the Revelation Match. Once the current two oz. sample of Epiphany is consumed, it won't be replaced. But I will get some more Revelation Match in the future.

Top Bottom