What's new

Buying Products in Canada

linty1

My wallet cries.
I cant read this and not plug West Coast Shaving, I've ordered from them multiple times and their customer service is second to none.

I've used Fendrihan, menessentials, and both are quite good. If you're in Toronto, Menessentials has a nice store on Danforth too.

I'm waiting on a Mühle brush from Connaught shaving - I agree that the prices are hard to beat, and shipping is surprisingly reasonable from the U.K.

For Proraso, Festival Fine Foods on College St. (Toronto).

A few months late in posting to this thread, but mention should also be made of Classic Edge (www.classicedge.ca). Great service and very personalized, especially when it comes to straight razors. I've purchase from them in the past and have been very satisfied.
I've also purchased from fendrihan and have had a great experience with them also.
Lastly, if you are in the Ottawa area, check out the Nicastro's shops. It's worth it for the food, the aromas, and the wet-shaving supplies. There are some great (GREAT!) finds, if you are a fan of Proraso, Omega, Pino Silvestre, etc

Knifewear on Whyte avenue has a big big selection of shaving gear.

Unfortunately, big big prices too. I don't mind paying a small and reasonable premium for B&M retailing where I can play scratch and sniff but their shaving products are across the board, 20-40% higher over other retailers including Men Essentials in Toronto who have a B&M store. $25cdn. for D.R. Harris soap puck, $21cdn. for TOBS cream, $10cdn. for a 10 pack of Feather blades, $149cdn. for a BK4 med. silvertip Kent brush!
:laugh: Yeah no thanks!

Unfortunately, big big prices too. I don't mind paying a small and reasonable premium for B&M retailing where I can play scratch and sniff but their shaving products are across the board, 20-40% higher over other retailers including Men Essentials in Toronto who have a B&M store. $25cdn. for D.R. Harris soap puck, $21cdn. for TOBS cream, $10cdn. for a 10 pack of Feather blades, $149cdn. for a BK4 med. silvertip Kent brush!
:laugh: Yeah no thanks!
They have a kiosk at the Calgary Farmer's Market. I too found their prices high when I was checking out their stuff

I cant read this and not plug West Coast Shaving, I've ordered from them multiple times and their customer service is second to none.

I received my B&B 2014 boar and a T&H cream from them in six days. Good service, and they answer questions quickly.

but the big issue is shipping and the currency exchange to Canada.

I have received better prices from Fendrihan, Italian Barber, Men's Essential (a great brick-n-mortar store), and Connaught Shaving (U.K.)

Here the shipping costs are brutal.

Top Bottom