What's new

Buying internationally on eBay from inside the US

Hi all!

Im from the US and I'm just wondering if any of you have purchased any razors on eBay from a country over seas? Did you have to pay any import fees or customs fees? How was it delivered? Etc... never bought internationally on eBay before. Thanks everyone!

Mike

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Gillette Guards from sellers in India a few times. No fees that I recall. Was delivered with the regular mail.

A razor? No. I have purchased other items from overseas sellers on eBay. I did not pay any customs or import fees. The items were delivered in the mail, USPS.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Just purchased a razor from the UK. Hasn't arrived yet, but it was sent with tracking and the seller sent along a very nice email, which I always find reassuring. It hasn't made it to me yet, but it has arrived in the U.S. (Chicago) with no customs or import fees. Very smooth transaction so far, the only issue is that while (some of) the items are priced more reasonably than the U.S., the shipping definitely elevates the overall cost of the item.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Hey Mike (aka MouseCop) -- just to be clear, my transaction was on ebay.UK -- sorry, I didn't really do a good job of highlighting that. It's my first transaction, and I've noticed that some of the UK sellers seem to understand how to do an international transaction, and others who are willing to ship it, don't seem sure of what is involved. I would definitely pay attention to the description area of the item and the delivery instructions. For my first foray into the world of international ebay, I wanted to deal with someone who seemed to have experience in the area, and that seemed clear in both how the item was shipped (Royal Mail International) and outlined in the description that no import/export fees or customs would be due. Hope that helps!

Many from France, Germany, UK and Ireland.

All sent through the post (USPS delivered to me).

No issues.

Okay thanks everyone for the input. There's a razor I've had my eye on for a while that's priced decently and shipping isn't crazy expensive so I thought I'd ask!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A razor? No. I have purchased other items from overseas sellers on eBay. I did not pay any customs or import fees. The items were delivered in the mail, USPS.

Me, too. Also I have ordered from overseas companies, such as Amazon UK, Connaught, Schwarzweiss Keramik, Shaver Heaven, and Wickham Soap, and I have never been charged customs or import fees.

I have two sticks of Irisch Moos purchased on www.ebay.de, after that brand was discontinued.
It's a great soap, but I can't use it on a regular basis because my skin is sensitive to the heavy
fragrance. Since then I've acquired a collection of soaps from Italian Barber that work very nicely
for me, not so heavily fragranced.

Sellers on ebay.de (Germany) or ebay.fr (France) specify where they will ship to, either their local country,
Europe only, or, I believe the word in German is weltweit (world wide).

I try to buy from eBay sellers that have a seller rating above body temp. i.e. 98.6

I have purchased 100s of items on eBay and never paid any import duties or fees.

I use the Razor Blade Club and never had a fee yet???? Shipping is generally one additional day over CONUS. I've received shipments from Germany in six days on items that can be air shipped. Aftershave must be ground shipped only.
MM879

Top Bottom