What's new

Buying high end edp/edt online during a heat wave?

Costco.com has Creed Aventus. Debating on getting it but worried about it staying in a UPS truck when the weather is 100 plus. I have had many packages take 2-3 delivery attempts before they get delivered and I'm pretty sure those packages just stay in the hot truck until delivery. It can be tricky getting into my complex. What are your guys's thoughts? Especially it being a pricey purchase like OG Aventus and not wanting the scent to be altered/dampened? TIA

Wouldn't worry about it. Products are shipped around the world from manufacturer to distributor via trucks, trains, cargo containers, et al. Distributors store product in wsrehouses with limited climate control. Distributors ship to brick and mortar stores as well. Lots of people around the world live in hot climates and use these products as well. Naught to worry about.

$320?? Gasp! I know that's discount from department store retail but no frickin' way would I spend $91+ an ounce for anything, including saffron!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Another thing to consider when buying fragrance on line is who is the courier because a lot of them leave it outside and I had one bottle bust in the middle of winter, we where gone for a few days and just left it on the step to freeze overnight. Amazon would not reimburse me either for the courier problem. Some retailers will not ship fragrance in winter months because of unhappy customers wanting a refund.

Another thing to consider when buying fragrance on line is who is the courier because a lot of them leave it outside and I had one bottle bust in the middle of winter, we where gone for a few days and just left it on the step to freeze overnight. Amazon would not reimburse me either for the courier problem. Some retailers will not ship fragrance in winter months because of unhappy customers wanting a refund.
It's more than likely gonna be UPS.

I get it. I know some very wealthy people that think like that. But I also think if you can afford something, and you enjoy it, then why not?

Saffron is a quintessential middle eastern ingredient, and an ounce is a large amount. It's in foods, ice creams, desserts, candies, etc. It's usually sold by the gram, not an ounce :)
I understand. I'm not poor but I'm not wealthy enough to buy expensive fragrance like that (or, more accurately, too much of a tightwad). I'm a product of the 50's and 60's and splurging on authentic vintage Old Spice is as far as I'll go. Just bought a boxed set of cologne and aftershave, 60's vintage for $32 shipped. It's the real deal as I have a few bottles of the real deal from the old days and it smells like it's supposed to. I've become my grandfather...

Top Bottom