What's new

Buying from Revisor question

If you buy from Revisor for shipment to the U.S. do you need to pay the VAT? And what is the best form of ID to send them? They require a copy of your ID for the first purchase.

If you buy from Revisor for shipment to the U.S. do you need to pay the VAT? And what is the best form of ID to send them? They require a copy of your ID for the first purchase.

Generally, you don't need to pay VAT when you buy something that should be exported to another country. If course, in your country you need to pay import duties (often includes VAT for your country).

Concerning ID just ask them. I would assume that they want to ensure that you are older than 18 (according to German law when selling straight razors).

Drivers license works.
No, you don't pay VAT. They will calculate the bill for you. Check the numbers posted and compare to their invoice.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm going to pull the trigger - one of their razors caught my eye!
I don't think you will be disappointed. I only have one of their new SRs. Would have bought more except they were not shipping to the Philippines.

Now I have enough SRs (for a short while) so am not buying many more.

The reason Sabine gave me was "shipping takes too long."

In 2020 I ordered one and indeed it came by ocean freight at that time (air cargo was severely constrained then) so yes it was long time coming, although it didn't bother me. However I sense they got a fair number of complaints about it. Now that all channels are open I really don't get it. Charge the shipping cost it takes and take the sale! I've gotten DHL from UK *next day* and from Germany in two days (expedited and expensive) and maybe two weeks shipped "whatever."

The reason Sabine gave me was "shipping takes too long."

In 2020 I ordered one and indeed it came by ocean freight at that time (air cargo was severely constrained then) so yes it was long time coming, although it didn't bother me. However I sense they got a fair number of complaints about it. Now that all channels are open I really don't get it. Charge the shipping cost it takes and take the sale! I've gotten DHL from UK *next day* and from Germany in two days (expedited and expensive) and maybe two weeks shipped "whatever."

Well, I believe the inability to ship may have something to do with limitations on the maximum length of a (razor) blade.
After having shipped straight razors numerous times, I was once asked by a FedEx employee what the length of the blade was and when I mentioned the total length (rather than only the length of the cutting edge) of the razor and was told it was too long for shipping via FedEx.
Never had that problem before, never had it afterwards, but there may be something in Dangerous Goods Regulations (DRG) that govern air shipments which limits the maximum length of a blade.

Having said that, I once tried repeatedly to communicate with Revisor and when they couldn’t be bothered to reply I decided to respect their wish and take my business elsewhere.

B.

It's a real shame, I'm sure I would have bought two or three razors from them already given the selection and the prices. And economy shipping from Europe to the US has been pretty quick lately. I've had a couple things from France and one from Italy and all arrived in just over a week.

They were pretty quick to respond when I contacted them a few months ago but the message went to my spam filter first so it took me a few days to think to check there.

Top Bottom