What's new

Buying Blades on a Cruise Ship

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Does anyone know if you can buy DE blades on a cruise ship?

I’ve been on several cruises and never noticed if they had them in their tiny store. I normally just bring a few disposables along or buy blades at my destination and bring them onboard in my luggage. However, this time we will not be renting a car or spending any time on land before going to the port, (airplane, shuttle, cruise ship). Perhaps I can get some in one of the ports. Also, flying back home, so will have to ditch any blades that I might buy, as I don’t check bags.

Now that I’ve typed all this out, I’m thinking a few Bic SE disposables might be my best bet. But I’m still interested in your thoughts.

Last year I was on a Baltic cruise and out of curiosity checked the store for blades. No luck. They only carried disposable razors. Didn't matter though as I brought with me (in my check in luggage) a tuck of my favorite blades, BIC Chrome Platinum. In my carry on I had a thin cap Old type (military "J" serial number), pre war Tech, small tube of C.O. Bigalow cream, PdP 63, Razorock Bruce synthetic, and Osage Rub and Pinaud Clubman. I can't imagine going on a cruise and having to settle for less than what I would use at home. The cruise was great, and so were the shaves.

I, too, have only seen disposable razors on the cruises I’ve been on. It’s not been any trouble getting razor blades onto any ship in my baggage. However, they definitely DONT allow you to buy (even very small) souvenir pocket knives and take those on the ship. So if you are going somewhere where you might can pick up some great blades, it’d be a good idea to check and see if you could bring them back on board.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Surely you can bring your blades onboard, right?

Yes, that's never been a problem. Whenever we've flown for a cruise, we usually have to check a bag (typically the hanging bag that is too large to carry on), so flying also wasn't a problem.

Top Bottom