What's new

Buying blades off Amazon

So I purchased 100 blades on Amazon. The package was an Amazon bubble wrap envelope. When I opened it some of the tucks where is semi-crushed packages. Should I be concerned that I will get bad shaves out of those boxes?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've had that a couple of times with the cardboard tucks, which is why I prefer the plastic dispensers for travel. So far, I've been lucky, but it is possible an edge could be damaged depending which way the box was crushed. It it was flattened, you should be fine, but if it was dented down one edge, you might want to check the blades before using them. Easiest way is to shine a bright light on the edge, and rotate the blade through the light. You should get a bright reflection off any flat spots.

I've had that a couple of times with the cardboard tucks, which is why I prefer the plastic dispensers for travel. So far, I've been lucky, but it is possible an edge could be damaged depending which way the box was crushed. It it was flattened, you should be fine, but if it was dented down one edge, you might want to check the blades before using them. Easiest way is to shine a bright light on the edge, and rotate the blade through the light. You should get a bright reflection off any flat spots.

Thanks, That was my fear as well. Two of the boxes were dented down some. I will give it the ole flashlight test.

I doubt you'll have any problem with them. If you do, contact Amazon - I'm sure they'll make you whole.

You are right. They sent me new blades that arrived two days later. And gave me two weeks to return the other blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to avoid anything shipped by Amazon. I had to return 4 different water pressure tanks that were damaged. Amazon really didn't care about the products they shipped. I could tell that they were repackaging the tanks and sending them out to customers. After the 4th return they started offering price reductions to accept damaged products. I contacted a seller directly and demanded they ship in double packed, double heavy boxes. The seller responded that it was standard practice. I realized then how bad Amazon shipping was. This whole experience was Amazon trying to offload a percent of the shipping costs on their customers.
MM879

Top Bottom