What's new

Buying a new Range...Thoughts?

Gas rocks. Only electric down here but gas at every other place.

We're going to drag the 30" DCS down here when we sell the "great white north" place.

proxy.php

Hello all. I'm in the market for a new range also. Natural gas and looking to upgrade to a 36" from 30". The high end ranges are out of my budget and it seems the mid price ranges have limited burners. I'd like six 15k+ burners but most have one high burner, two mid burners, one simmer burner, and an oval 10k burner for a griddle. I'd rather have one high or dual burner in the middle for a big pot etc. Any recommendations?

I could make my budget work a 36" Blue Star. With open burners looks like nice option. Anyone have experience with Blue Star?

Thanks,

Tom

How important is ventilation with a gas stove top? Especially with a modern built house that is more airtight. I have never really understood if there was enough combustion by products, whether that was moisture or something worse to always need an exhaust fan running (or input fan) when cooking or not.

Every time I turn on the range ventilator I open a window in the kitchen no matter how hot or cold it is outside.

Hello all. I'm in the market for a new range also. Natural gas and looking to upgrade to a 36" from 30". The high end ranges are out of my budget and it seems the mid price ranges have limited burners. I'd like six 15k+ burners but most have one high burner, two mid burners, one simmer burner, and an oval 10k burner for a griddle. I'd rather have one high or dual burner in the middle for a big pot etc. Any recommendations?

I could make my budget work a 36" Blue Star. With open burners looks like nice option. Anyone have experience with Blue Star?

Thanks,

Tom

The open cast iron burners on my 2 DCS ranges are all 15k btu.

Cooking on a screaming powerful burner takes som practice. throw in a solid copper pan and you cut your cooking time to 15% of an electric.

proxy.php

While I hope to get a nice gas range in the house I hope to be building soon. However I think my current range is great, it is a free range! I absconded with it when some friends were remodeling. If I was buying it I probably would not have picked it but I needed a range (old one died) and the price was certainly right.

While I hope to get a nice gas range in the house I hope to be building soon. However I think my current range is great, it is a free range! I absconded with it when some friends were remodeling. If I was buying it I probably would not have picked it but I needed a range (old one died) and the price was certainly right.

SWMBO is the queen of free scores.

She saw our neighbor putting our a slide in range, grabbed me (and our appliance dolly) and, shazam, new range in the kitchen (after a lot of cleanup)

proxy.php

Top Bottom