What's new

Buying a Knot from Aliexpress

So I was looking online for HMW badger brush.

I found this link. I thought that it was a steal, yes it might take around 45 days to arrive, but at that price Who cares?

Or will they be fake?

Opinions?

Last edited:
I have purchased from virginia sheng on ebay and have been very pleased with the price and the quality but know nothing about this vendor, though I have seen them.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/virginiasheng/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Thank you for recommending him.

I was thinking of buying this knot. Reason why I would choose this one is because duderubble tried them before. OR should I go with the one mentioned in the first post..

Link to brush mentioned in the first post. I would go for this because its cheaper.

Last edited:
I have purchased from virginia sheng on ebay and have been very pleased with the price and the quality but know nothing about this vendor, though I have seen them.

I have bought from AliExpress
No problem at all although there is a huge delay in shipping compared with ebay
I have bought from Virginiasheng in ebay,no problem at all,i am very happy with their efficiency in lathering !
In Aliexpress has a similar name and sells the same knots.

Can you please provide us with a link so we can take a look at which one you want in particular? In general, there has been much talk about "High Mountain White," as a hair on this forum in the past. Basically what we have come up with is that it is difficult to guarantee that the badger itself actually came from the high mountains in China. A lot of people believe that it is a marketing scheme. I am not going to express an opinion here. When purchasing a badger brush your best bet is to go through a well established vendor/manufacturer. A quality vendor because if anything goes wrong with your purchase, you have quality support. And if you decide to go pre-owned, a quality manufacturer, so that way you will be assured that there is a small chance that anything will be wrong with it. Good luck and let us know if you need any more help!

The knots from Anping are very far removed from what most would expect from a HMW or Manchurian badger knot. Medium density, scritchy, not very aesthetically pleasing but they do have very good backbone. Not a bad knot for the price, but far from what you would expect with the associated title.

The knots from Anping are very far removed from what most would expect from a HMW or Manchurian badger knot. Medium density, scritchy, not very aesthetically pleasing but they do have very good backbone. Not a bad knot for the price, but far from what you would expect with the associated title.

Did you buy it from them? or is this based on the picture? or did you read it from other forums

Top Bottom