What's new

Buyer Beware - Samurai Mug

I purchased a mug on ebay and it isn't what would be expected. It's tiny. Not suitable for most brushes. Might work for small travel brushes.

20210623_110750[1].jpg

20210623_110759[1].jpg

Maybe the right size for a Wee Scot.

20210623_110818[1].jpg

Shown with an Old Spice mug & Burma Shave brush reknotted with a Silvertip for perspective.

20210623_111241[1].jpg

For more perspective shown with a West Coast Shaving apothecary mug.

I should mention that as pictured on ebay, the logo wasn't displayed.

I bought it without knowing it was a martial arts themed mug. It turns out this is the second time I bought on. The first time the martial arts logo was displayed. I bought the first one and had it shipped directly to my son, who has a black belt in Samurai Sword. He never told me it was a trinket, too small to be of any use. I didn't know until the current one arrived.

Just beware that you are buying a trinket, not a usable mug.

I bought an all-black one off Amazon, probably the same manufacture, that was way smaller than I thought it was going to be.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Are the dimensions mentioned on the Amazon page, the questions or reviews? Is there only one size available?

I purchased a mug on ebay and it isn't what would be expected. It's tiny. Not suitable for most brushes. Might work for small travel brushes.

View attachment 1286293

View attachment 1286294
Maybe the right size for a Wee Scot.

View attachment 1286296
Shown with an Old Spice mug & Burma Shave brush reknotted with a Silvertip for perspective.

View attachment 1286297
For more perspective shown with a West Coast Shaving apothecary mug.

I should mention that as pictured on ebay, the logo wasn't displayed.

I bought it without knowing it was a martial arts themed mug. It turns out this is the second time I bought on. The first time the martial arts logo was displayed. I bought the first one and had it shipped directly to my son, who has a black belt in Samurai Sword. He never told me it was a trinket, too small to be of any use. I didn't know until the current one arrived.

Just beware that you are buying a trinket, not a usable mug.
Its the mug of shame. You get this mug if you can't finish a stick of Arko.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ebay.
These are also on Amazon for a dollar or so more and the size is listed.
This is apparently the "travel" size. There is a larger one listed, but it isn't large by standards here.

Top Bottom