What's new

Buyer Beware - Amazon

Yeah, sorry I hurt your feelings.

Edit: **Removed my original reply to this message as this is not why I am on B&B**

Apology accepted.

The reason I posted the topic at all was to advise fellow B&B members that there might be risks associated with Amazon shave purchases that might not be present with a purchase from a shave shop.

If you were to go back and read the evolution of the thread in its entirety, I think you will find Amazon manages the inventory for Alrossa, that they sent me a previously returned brush and the previously returned brush was missing the Simpsons part of a Simpsons shave brush purchase.

Last edited:
I've found that Amazon is very customer-friendly regarding returns. I think they realize that having a good return policy is a customer trust issue.

One issue with Amazon's inventory system is that they co-mingle their own stock with products that they stock on behalf of other Amazon sellers. So, even if you buy "Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon", the product may have come from a third-party's inventory. Back in my cartridge days, I received some counterfeit Mach 3 cartridges from Amazon, AWFUL!

I've written the same thing numerous times about their inventory. They have a load of their 3rd party sellers, many of whom are basically flea markets who get their stuff on a catch as catch can basis, ship their inventory to Amazon warehouses on consignment. Often, Amazon sells the same product. I doubt that those disgruntled, overworked and underpaid Amazon warehouse workers know which product was bought by the Amazon buyer or sent from the 3rd party seller. That's why I'm reluctant to buy electronic appliances, TV's or audio equipment other than low priced headphones from Amazon. I have no choice when it comes to computer accessories unless Best Buy is selling the same thing for the same price.

Probably one of their best 3rd party sellers for shaving is Super Safety Razors but their product ships from Amazon. If I decide to order blades from Super Safety Razors, if any other seller other than Amazon sells them, they can't guarantee I'm getting Super Safety Razors' (or Amazon's) inventory.

Top Bottom