What's new

Butterscotch Restore Help !

Bringing the thread back to Fidjit, so how is the restore coming? The handle is lovely!

Yeppers, as Dunny stole me Thunder, it's going great. :001_tongu

Think I posted in another thread somewhere, but I contacted Kent and they were even able to tell me the "history" of this brush:

"I have been able to trace the brush back to 1949. It was a white bristle brush with what was described as "Special" shape brush and the cost was in old money seventeen shillings and 6 pence (17/6) which what would be now around 80p. I think it was in our economy range."

In addition, my research shows that Butterscotch doesn't start as Butterscotch but changes colour over time, due to some chemical reaction within the catalin:

"The sockets start of as an off white ivory colour and yellow over the time."

So , my first vintage Butterscotch find, my first restore....it's a keeper :001_smile

Here it is my 1949 vintage shave setup, i.e. with my 1949 #16........

proxy.php

V

VR6ofpain

Don't you think that a "KS7" made in England would be from out great friends over at Kent? I mean they use the model number "VS7" today. I am pretty sure this is a Kent...though I have no proof.

Amazing brush by the way. The knot you used was by far the best choice you could have made. Looks like a $150 brush now and probably performs better. I am a jealous SOB right now.

Have fun!

Don't you think that a "KS7" made in England would be from out great friends over at Kent? I mean they use the model number "VS7" today. I am pretty sure this is a Kent...though I have no proof.

Yes it is a Kent, see above. Vanessa from Kent was even able to give me the "history" of it :001_smile

This is so cool! What a great story, and I bet you'll love that restored butterscotch way more than you would a modern brush.

This thread inspires me to keep my eyes peeled for cool handles when I'm "out n about"

Legion

Staff member
HAHA! This thread should be archived somewhere! It's historically significant.

This thread was posted just before "someone" helped drive the price of butterscotch brushes through the roof. :lol:

This was my first restore and is still my favourite brush.

Should have stopped at this one :lol:

proxy.php

HAHA! This thread should be archived somewhere! It's historically significant.
This thread was posted just before "someone" helped drive the price of butterscotch brushes through the roof. :lol:

I have no idea what you're talking about :blushing:

( If only I'd just sat back at home and butterscotchbrushtubated by myself :lol: )

Last edited:
Top Bottom