What's new

Butterscotch Beauty Parade

I've been restoring shaving brushes for quite a few years and I realized that I have quite a few vintage brushes with "Butterscotch" handles. The materials vary...Bakelite, Catalin, unknown Plastic Resins...but they all have that classic golden-brown butterscotch colors. Here's a couple of shots of my collection. They are all in my regular rotation and get used frequently.

IMG_7705.jpg

From left to right:
- Made Rite #18, Finest Badger Knot​
- Erskine #B200, Finest Badger Knot
- Opal #58, Fan Finest Badger Knot
- Baton #7692, Synthetic Knot

IMG_7706.jpg

From left to right:
- Rubberset #400N, Finest Badger Knot
- Brushman #223, Finest Badger Knot​
- No Name, Finest Badger Knot (This brush was almost completely split and has an ugly repair on the backside. The reason I'm keeping it is because it belonged to my late father-in-law)​
- Kent KS5, Finest Badger Knot (missing Kent label, but the model number is still faintly visible)

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
My FIL lived in Switzerland, so I'm pretty sure it's a European-made brush. I need to take a photo of the damaged side. It's an amazing brush if you only look at the front! At least I was able to fill the split with epoxy and restore it to a usable condition.
I'm a big fan of old lucite brushes, but that square bottom and gorgeous amber tint would make it special even if it wasn't already because of the family connection!

Top Bottom