What's new

Butterfly style razor blade that is mild like Merkur 34C

Let's say one day I decide to buy a butterfly style razor.
One that is easy to use and feels comfortable like a Merkur 34C.

What would you recommend?

34C isn’t “mild” but I would say medium, if on the low end of medium. I would look for a Super Speed Flare Tip or 40s style Super Speed. Plenty of nice ones to be had for under $30.

Next would be a Slim adjustable, great razor and set it like you like it.

A4C4405D-2C06-4CD8-8DA4-30427BCB0F07.jpeg
F0DF97A4-D731-4327-8E9B-171EA0547128.jpeg
D038EA2F-0B45-48BF-9007-DA4EEAD40F91.jpeg
CFE54A99-F26A-4817-AAF1-04FAFEF2FABF.jpeg

There is nothing like an adjustable razor. You can tailor the exact efficiency you want.

If new, I like the VIKINGS BLADE The Emperor 'MEIJI'

If it is a vintage, a Gillette slim or Fatboy

If not adjustable, I agree with the super speed blue tip.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

QRTAS

Black handle Super Speed, 1966. $15, just buy it.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Rockwell R1=BAILI butterfly TTO, is exactly the same MIC product; and those products sold under the BAILI name tend to be cheaper.

Although I am a modern lover, if I want to choose a TTO shaver, I would really recommend the old TTO shaver; even if the modern TTO has a more detailed surface finish, in fact, Gillette’s old TTO also has Better materials/processing techniques, and can be found at very affordable prices.

The TTO structure has no actual change to the shaving effect, the main feature is that it is easy to replace the blade & appreciate the interesting and exquisite mechanical structure; therefore, choosing some truly classic vintage TTOs can fully understand and admire this sincere design.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Having both an R1 and 60’s Super Speed, the vintage Gillette is a far superior razor IMHO. The craftsmanship, materials and finish have stood up. It’s probably closer to the 34C as well in regards to similar shave experience. Of the three I feel the R1 might be the most aggressive, certainly less refined.

Top Bottom