What's new

Butane - what's the best?

You can buy Xikar and Vector butane on amazon in singles or 6 packs.

I ended up taking my Xikar back. 3 fills and it was only good for 5 bowls on a low setting. Traded it for a a Xikar Pipeline and already wishing I had just bought an Old Boy. The Pipeline is great, but the Old Boy just keeps calling my name.

If anyone wants a Xikar Pipeline with leather pouch just let me know. It's about to go to BST to fund an Old Boy :)

Buy from Cigars International and use this code http://www.cigarsinternational.com/freesh27 to get free shipping.

I have been buying the Vector butane. No issues of any kind, and it come in a ginormous bottle.

Thanks for the tip. That's about the best price out there & you can't beat it with free shipping. As for what type is best I have little experience to go on. I have used the Ronson, which I just assumed was crap & I currently have Lucienne that looks strangely similar to the Jetline CI sells. Up until now I have only had pretty cheap lighters so I doubted higher-end butane would really benefit me a ton. But I have heard good things about Xikar so since I just ordered one of their lighters I figured I might as well try their fuel.

You can buy Xikar and Vector butane on amazon in singles or 6 packs.

I ended up taking my Xikar back. 3 fills and it was only good for 5 bowls on a low setting. Traded it for a a Xikar Pipeline and already wishing I had just bought an Old Boy. The Pipeline is great, but the Old Boy just keeps calling my name.

If anyone wants a Xikar Pipeline with leather pouch just let me know. It's about to go to BST to fund an Old Boy :)
I'm glad to hear you haven't had any problems with the Pipeline, but I do understand the appeal of the Old Boy's legacy. Too bad you didn't mention it sooner..I ordered a pipeline late last night. :glare:

FWIW they have some Old Boys at Mars starting @$82.50 w/$7 flat rate shipping.

Yeah, the one I like is the all chome. Ohwell, I guess I'll find one at the right price when it happens.

I've been using Lotus butane and have had no trouble. The cheap drugstore butanes can gum up your lighter and give you no end of trouble.

I've actually been quite surprised. It's like the pipeline was stubborn at first but then as soon as it got the right tweak adjustment it's been a happy camper. Still the same fuel as when I bought it too.

Top Bottom