What's new

Bush Pilot Shaving Cream

Looks to be someone's marketing course project.
Brushless, probably similar to KMF.
Will be curious how you like it.
Happy landing!

be sure you wear your flight jacket!!

Attachments

• $landing_7087.jpg
    $landing_7087.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 187
I was a bush pilot several years back, in a couple different parts of the wold. It was a tough job. Shaving was generally the last thing on my mind at that time.

Just purchased a tube from Lee's...I will let those interested know if it soars or goes down in flames ;)

Similar to Bio Palmyra there is no ingredient list ... just the "all natural claim".
No info at the 2 online vendor websites and no info on the Bushpilot site itself, not in the FAQ's, nor anywhere else.
But maybe I just missed it, please correct me if you find anything.

Always ask, Never assume.. (maybe this applies to trying shaving products as well as flying! I just couldn't resist the aviation humor!)

His request approved, the CNN News photographer quickly used a cell phone to call the local airport to charter a flight.

He was told a twin-engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.

Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a hanger.

He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and shouted, 'Let's go'.

The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind and took off.

Once in the air, the photographer instructed the pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures of the fires on the hillsides.'

'Why?' asked the pilot.

'Because I'm a photographer for CNN', he responded, 'and I need to get some close up shots.'

The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered, 'So, what you're telling me, is . . . You're NOT my flight instructor?'

proxy.php

Similar to Bio Palmyra there is no ingredient list ... just the "all natural claim".
No info at the 2 online vendor websites and no info on the Bushpilot site itself, not in the FAQ's, nor anywhere else.

I couldn't find an ingredients list either. When the tube I ordered arrives, I will post ingredients (if available),

Always ask, Never assume.. (maybe this applies to trying shaving products as well as flying! I just couldn't resist the aviation humor!)

His request approved, the CNN News photographer quickly used a cell phone to call the local airport to charter a flight.

He was told a twin-engine plane would be waiting for him at the airport.

Arriving at the airfield, he spotted a plane warming up outside a hanger.

He jumped in with his bag, slammed the door shut, and shouted, 'Let's go'.

The pilot taxied out, swung the plane into the wind and took off.

Once in the air, the photographer instructed the pilot, 'Fly over the valley and make low passes so I can take pictures of the fires on the hillsides.'

'Why?' asked the pilot.

'Because I'm a photographer for CNN', he responded, 'and I need to get some close up shots.'

The pilot was strangely silent for a moment, finally he stammered, 'So, what you're telling me, is . . . You're NOT my flight instructor?'

proxy.php

That is hilarious! I agree! Assumption is the mother of all f ups! Lol

I got a tube of this stuff as a stocking stuffer but haven't tried it yet. Ingredient list is as follows: Aqua (Purified Water), Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Coconut Fatty Acid, Bentonite, Xantham Gum, Sodium Citrate, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol, Glycol Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract, and Natural Herbal Fragrance. I'm gonna go lie down now, that was exhausting...

I got a tube of this stuff as a stocking stuffer but haven't tried it yet. Ingredient list is as follows: Aqua (Purified Water), Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Coconut Fatty Acid, Bentonite, Xantham Gum, Sodium Citrate, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol and Caprylyl Glycol, Glycol Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel), Cetearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract, and Natural Herbal Fragrance. I'm gonna go lie down now, that was exhausting...

ROFL, thanks for your hard work Osiris.
And there goes the "ALL Natural" ... down the drain, again. But marketing can stretch the term natural or can come up with a unique definition of "natural" that leaves them exactely that tiny amount of wiggle room that they think they might get away with. It's always the same :cursing: .

Bio has the ingredients posted all over the jars and website, you must have missed it , Bio Palmyra:

Nariyal Tail (coconut oil)
Arandi Tail (castor oil)
Moongphali Tail (Peanut oil)
Neem Tail (Neem oil)
Khajur (Dates)
Pudina (Mint)
Taltar (Palm)
Parshrut Jal (Purifed water)

• Formulated from organically grown pure plant extracts.
  • Contains no harmful chemicals.
  • Contains no synthetic fragrances or artificial preservatives.
  • Biotique, does not conduct cruel tests on animals.
  • All made with naturally derived ingredients.
  • All, Biotique, preparations are environmentally friendly and biodegradable.
$Capture.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Alex,

everyone knows that you are a great fan of the BBP and if it works for you and so many others, that's great, continue using and enjoying it. I highly doubt the all natural claim. As marketing is about selling and not about science and regulatory, there is a lot of flexibility in this area.

The ingredient list of BBP seems a little incomplete to me, to say the least.
Just listing selected natural ingredients which to me appear to be either so called "fat" oils or essential oils and bees wax and "Himalayan" water should have everybody who has at least tried to whip up a mayonnaise in his kitchen, scratching his head. In my world oils, fats and waxes usually do not dissolve well in water without the help of emulsifiers and the mix won't create a foam on its own.

Top Bottom