What's new

Bush and co. Poisoned in 2007

Apparently there's a possibility that there was a poisoning during the 2007 G8 summit in Germany. Laura Bush revealed in her memoirs that GWB was so sick he was bedridden.

It's interesting to note that various poisons were used on Viktor Yuschenko and Alexander Litvinenko, in 2004 and 2006, respectively. It would be really interesting to know if the poisonings were related.

I guess we'll never know, or at least not for about 20 years. I remember when I visited the Reagan Ranch a few years ago the tour guides explained that they had only recently been told by former Secret Service agents that someone had managed to wander onto the ranch without their knowledge. It wasn't a serious threat, but it's disturbing to see how just one mistake by the best security in the world could lead to the President's harm.

I don't know. That sounds more like a wicked virus or flu that spread among several people who were in close contact with each other.

Probably Russia. It was clearly Russian agents who poisoned those two people. I don't think they'd have anything to gain from poisoning George Bush, but the new Russian government clearly is almost every day using their spy agency to assassinate opposition. I saw some show saying that hundreds of journalists have been murdered in Russia in previous years. It's turned back into the Soviet Union, only capitalist this time, maybe even more corrupt now.

I don't know. That sounds more like a wicked virus or flu that spread among several people who were in close contact with each other.

I would tend to agree, if other leaders had caught it.

Anyway, just an interesting story. I see them a lot (I go to SMU in Dallas, they're on campus for various events). Freaked me out to see guys with automatic weapons just chilling in their pimped out, armored suburban the first time because I had no idea he was on campus.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...stigated-poisoning-unlikely/?fbid=O7EZVtnSMAM

A top aide to former President George W. Bush confirmed Wednesday that he became ill while attending a 2007 meeting with world leaders, but noted that the sickness was likely the result of a virus, and not intentionally poisoned food.

Former first lady Laura Bush suggests in a new memoir that she, her husband, and several aides may have been poisoned during a 2007 visit to Germany for the G8 summit.

Frances Townsend, Bush's Homeland Security adviser and CNN contributor, said there was "no indication" that the President had been poisoned, but doctors and the United States Secret Service did consider the possibility, during an interview broadcast Wednesday on "The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer."

"The truth was ultimately we didn't really believe there was a basis to think they were poisoned, but you can understand – you would have thought us not competent if we hadn't considered the possibility and looked at it," Townsend said.

According to the former first lady, doctors and the Secret Service investigated the possibility a poisoning had occurred but were unable to make a definitive conclusion, an account backed up by Townsend.

"As the first lady indicates, the Secret Service, as you can imagine, as more and more of the U.S. delegation are getting sick, they were concerned," Townsend said. "The doctors that tend to the president were on site and looking into it with them. They believed it was just a virus, a local virus."

News reports during that time show the White House did disclose Bush missed a series of morning sessions at the summit because he had contracted an apparent virus, but White House officials did not provide further detail.

"Nearly a dozen members of our delegation were stricken, even George, who started to feel sick during an early morning staff briefing," Mrs. Bush writes in the memoir. "[O]ne of our military aides had difficulty walking and a White House staffer lost all hearing in one ear. Exceedingly alarmed, the Secret Service went on full alert, combing the resort for potential poisons."

"George felt so ill that he met with [French President Nicolas] Sarkozy and did not even stand up to greet him," she continues, adding later, "We never learned if any other delegations became ill, or if ours, mysteriously, was the only one."

Apparently there's a possibility that there was a poisoning during the 2007 G8 summit in Germany. Laura Bush revealed in her memoirs that GWB was so sick he was bedridden

Must have been the same poison that made his Daddy puke all over the Japanese PM in 1992.
:w00t:

Jeff in Boston

Top Bottom