What's new

Burt’s Bees Natural Cologne?

Guess I should have taken time to search forum. Thanks for the link. I was also thinking about trying their shave products as well.

You mean Burt's Bees Men's cologne....$25.00 for 2 oz?

I've heard some on here say natural is good, and some say natural is bad. Then, there's the problem with the definition of "natural".

I guess it would boil down ultimately of whether I liked it, and was willing to pay this much for it. Thanks for making me aware of the product, however, I personnally would not buy any cologne because the company selling it said it was good for me. I'd want to know more facts, not marketing hype.

I don't think they claimed anything but to state it was all natural. You can check ingredients for yourself to determine if you think its natural enough and not a bunch of chemicals from chemistry lab.

You mean Burt's Bees Men's cologne....$25.00 for 2 oz?

I've heard some on here say natural is good, and some say natural is bad. Then, there's the problem with the definition of "natural".

I guess it would boil down ultimately of whether I liked it, and was willing to pay this much for it. Thanks for making me aware of the product, however, I personnally would not buy any cologne because the company selling it said it was good for me. I'd want to know more facts, not marketing hype.

You can buy a year's supply of Barbarsol AS or Ivy Club for that price.

I like the looks of the herban cowboy. I sent them an email asking if there was anywhere I could get a sample before i go spending 30 bucks on something I have no access to smell.

I have a bottle and I like it alot. Awesome warm weather scent. The description on the page pretty much nails the scent.

A bottle of that for warm weather, and a bottle of BB Bay Rum from the colder season. You're covered all year.

and say their soaps work well for shaving.

Every artisan vendor says their "shaving soap" works well for shaving. About 90+% of these are total garbage, and fully incapable of producing a lather adequate for shaving. Quite a few of these so called "shaving soaps" have a high percentage of Olive Oil, which kills lather.

Buyer beware, but I wouldn't get my hopes up: quite a few soap makers are 100% clueless as to how a shaving soap is used, and how it is supposed to perform. They think taking a bath soap, and adding Bentonite / Kaolin clay will suffice for a good shaving soap.

I own both the Burt's Bees and the Herban Cowboy colognes. I prefer Burt's but they are both very good. They are somewhat close interpretations of the same theme: spicy, woodsy, orangey. They smell similar to fragrances such as TH Grafton, Terre D'Hermes, Speick cologne and D&G Pour Homme.

Silage is also pretty good. My only complaint is longevity. These are short-lived frags. On the other hand since they are all natural and cheap compared to the other frags I've listed here, you can really spray a lot on without worry of poisoning yourself! That way they do last longer.

In short, I like them: especially Burt's which has a stronger woods element and a more biting lemon/orange peel bitterness (which I love). Herben is lighter and has a bit of coconut in there as well. Definitely worth a try. Hope this helps!

Every artisan vendor says their "shaving soap" works well for shaving. About 90+% of these are total garbage, and fully incapable of producing a lather adequate for shaving. Quite a few of these so called "shaving soaps" have a high percentage of Olive Oil, which kills lather.

Buyer beware, but I wouldn't get my hopes up: quite a few soap makers are 100% clueless as to how a shaving soap is used, and how it is supposed to perform. They think taking a bath soap, and adding Bentonite / Kaolin clay will suffice for a good shaving soap.

Amen.

I had a small sample of the Burt's Bee's Cologne. The smell is too reminiscent of hippies for me. :lol::lol:

What is wrong with hippies?

You can buy a year's supply of Barbarsol AS or Ivy Club for that price.

OR 1/8th of the deposit to get a custom cologne made for you, its all relative yo!

I like their lip balmb but I think cologne is going to be pushing it for that company.

So they will make a custom cologne for you. My all time favorite is Joop! if they could match that with natural....it would be nice.

Top Bottom