What's new

Burberry London

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
London by Burberry. I took it out this morning for the first time in at least a year and a half; probably longer. But it snowed last night and London is a quintessential cold weather fragrance. Some say it is Christmas in a bottle. I can see where they might get that, but I get something else.

London is harsh when first applied. I usually think I've made a mistake and I begin to regret it. But after 2 minutes it opens to a bergamot and tea- a real Earl Grey experience. At the same time there's a lot going on in the background, and after 7 or 10 minutes the Earl Grey is joined by a rich and sweet tobacco note. And then another. And another. Tobacco with fruit, tobacco with port wine, tobacco blended with tobacco. Have you ever been in an ancient tobacconist shop? A shop with old wood paneling and oak and glass display cases that have held tobacco for so long that the shop could close and be emptied tonight but 5 years from now the tobacco scent would still fill the air. Not one tobacco note- a seemingly endless variety of flavored and blended tobacco in a shop where even the wooden fixtures smell like tobacco-- THAT's what I get from Burberry London. I'm transported back to Harvard Square and I step in to Leavitt & Peirce, Tobacconists, with the game balls from Harvard Yale games played in the nineteenth century and oars from the Head of the Charles Regatta adorning the walls. They, too, smell like tobacco. Then as I am nearly overwhelmed by the sweet scent of so many tobacco products someone brings in another white china pot of steaming Earl Grey tea and I enjoy another fragrant cup while I peruse the goods on offer and try to think of a way to slip a hockey puck from a 1948 win over Dartmouth into my pocket without being caught.

All that for 30 bucks. Highly recommended. You might even find Christmas in a bottle!

burberry resze.jpg
L&P 1.jpg
L&P 3.jpg
L&P 4.jpg

I got a bottle of this a couple months ago like others have said i wish it lasted longer. Any of you know a longer lasting scent similar to London?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I get around 2 solid hours of projection from Burberry London, and can usually smell it myself for about 5 hours. Can't really expect more from an Eau de Toilette. To be honest after 5 or 6 hours I'm ready to let most scents dissipate or go away.

I got a bottle of this a couple months ago like others have said i wish it lasted longer. Any of you know a longer lasting scent similar to London?
Some ppl say CK One Shock For Him is quite similar, and last longer than London.
I have not tried it my self.
But Burberry London is an amazing scent, it really is Christmas in a bottle

Nice review of this cologne Owen Bawn. I get that kind of old timely vibe from it as well.

I just discovered this about 7yrs ago. I bought it off the BST here on B&B that was 80% full for a price I couldn't pass up.

After applying it for the 1st time. I knew that this was a keeper for sure. It's nice when you find a frag like that.

This cologne is one of my favorites to wear from Nov through Feb up here in the Pacific Northwest.

I finally finished the bottle earlier this year and bought a replacement bottle back in September.

One cologne I have found that is similar to it is Al Haraman amber out tobacco edition. It costs a little more. But lasts longer and I just may like it just a bit more than London. But you can't go wrong with either of these IMO.

375x500.55791.jpg

Nice review of this cologne Owen Bawn. I get that kind of old timely vibe from it as well.

I just discovered this about 7yrs ago. I bought it off the BST here on B&B that was 80% full for a price I couldn't pass up.

After applying it for the 1st time. I knew that this was a keeper for sure. It's nice when you find a frag like that.

This cologne is one of my favorites to wear from Nov through Feb up here in the Pacific Northwest.

I finally finished the bottle earlier this year and bought a replacement bottle back in September.

One cologne I have found that is similar to it is Al Haraman amber out tobacco edition. It costs a little more. But lasts longer and I just may like it just a bit more than London. But you can't go wrong with either of these IMO.

View attachment 1380955
I might look into this especially the price point

I bought a tester of London from a grey market site a few months back and have been finally spraying it lately. There’s either something wrong with it or me.

No projection and no duration. Its a skin scent in 5 minutes. I get the piney opening but I get no collection of tobaccos, no port wine, no warmth or depth. No nothing. I’m not kidding when I say it’s the most shockingly disappointing scent in my collecation. I expected so much and received so little. Christmas indeed! Lol.

Anyone experience similar? Bad bottle maybe?

I bought a tester of London from a grey market site a few months back and have been finally spraying it lately. There’s either something wrong with it or me.

No projection and no duration. Its a skin scent in 5 minutes. I get the piney opening but I get no collection of tobaccos, no port wine, no warmth or depth. No nothing. I’m not kidding when I say it’s the most shockingly disappointing scent in my collecation. I expected so much and received so little. Christmas indeed! Lol.

Anyone experience similar? Bad bottle maybe?
Probably a dud bottle or a counterfeit. Burberry London may not have 12 hour projection, but it should hit 6 pretty well. After that, it becomes a skin scent for me. Of course, YMMV.

@Owen Bawn I was at my local Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday and noticed they had 30ml bottles of London on a Boxing Day clearance for approx $11US with discounts and points.

I only bought one but might have to go back and get another bottle or two.

Not overbearing but I get lots of wood and some tea/spice. Really nice winter scent.
Can't beat that.

I got my 100ml bottler years ago at Winners up here for about $35. I still love it and now our teenager is starting to wear it too.

This is the first real frag I ever bought. I still have some left. That bottle has to be 20 years old. It's such an amazing fragrance. When I was younger, I got compliments on it. Must work well with my body chemistry.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Years ago I started my cologne journey with Burberry Brit, and London soon followed.

I like it quite well. But ... I've found others that fill that spot even better IMHO. L'Occitane Eau Des Baux is a step up and more refined. Penhaligon's Opus 1870 takes things to the next level.

Insert relevant observations about the varying of mileage if you wish. Explore, experiment, and form your own opinions and preferences!

Top Bottom