What's new

Bundubeard soap review

So awesome to see a fellow Bundubeard Fan. I use the Vanilla or the Rooibos and I don't see myself using any other soaps for a while tbh. It produces such a slick, luxurious lather.

I do believe there are also body soaps and old-school hard shampoo/conditioning bars now as well. Very excited to give them a try!
I completely agree, its a fantastic soap for sure

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Is this Bundubeard fellow in Durban?

Rick
Nope, he lives in Pretoria as far as i know, but there is also river valley trading in Durban, they have a fantastic range of artisan soaps too, they're also very good

Nope, he lives in Pretoria as far as i know, but there is also river valley trading in Durban, they have a fantastic range of artisan soaps too, they're also very good

I see.

But from what I understand he doesn’t sell to the international market......that’s unfortunate. I could give him a BIG amount of business.

Rick

Wait a second!

I heard of River Valley Trading. The owner is Mohamed Peer and he’s apparently a very nice guy!

Rick

I strongly disagree. I have about 25 different soaps, so being inexperienced with what a good soap should be is not a problem. Arko is excellent, its my favourite soap, but bundubeard is my second favourite. For me its better than reitzer, col conk, or any other soap i own, not that the others are bad, most of them are excellent products. Ive tried proraso, i love the scent of the green as well as the menthol, but the slickness was absolutely terrible. Check out the mastershave forum, theres a whole bunch of South Africans and guys who even live overseas who share my opinion on bundubeard soaps.

I had a look at the site and particularly the shave of the day section for last couple months. Everyone is using soaps other than bundus, cant be that great if the locals are not using it. Only a guy called Jeff and matthewoli98 occasionally post a bundu shave.

You should PIF a soap to members here if you are that convinced its any good. Personally I find it well below par.

I had a look at the site and particularly the shave of the day section for last couple months. Everyone is using soaps other than bundus, cant be that great if the locals are not using it. Only a guy called Jeff and matthewoli98 occasionally post a bundu shave.

You should PIF a soap to members here if you are that convinced its any good. Personally I find it well below par.
People on mastershave use a wide variety of soaps, me included. Which soaps from bundubeards range have you tried?

Wait a second!

I heard of River Valley Trading. The owner is Mohamed Peer and he’s apparently a very nice guy!

Rick
Yep, Mohamed is great, the reason bundubeard doesn't export is because of reliability issues with the South African post office.

People on mastershave use a wide variety of soaps, me included. Which soaps from bundubeards range have you tried?

Sandalwood and Coffee and I don't need to try anymore to confirm what I already know. I am not here to sway anybody, this is only my opinion and I am stoked that you enjoy their soaps.

The local post office is not the only means to ship locally or internationally...
Yes, but there has been cases where things have been lost in the post, so they said until they can find reliable international shipping they'd rather not risk it

So sorry to butt in so please forgive me:

I have a feeling that to ship a parcel from South Africa to an overseas destination by means of a courier would be exorbitant.

Rick
Well it depends on who you ship with, uf you use the South African post office which takes months, its relatively cheap, but theres also private shipping companies but to ship internationally with them you often pay more for shipping than the value of the soaps/blades/ razors in the package.

Well it depends on who you ship with, uf you use the South African post office which takes months, its relatively cheap, but theres also private shipping companies but to ship internationally with them you often pay more for shipping than the value of the soaps/blades/ razors in the package.

I’ve heard some horror stories about the South African postal service. Packages getting lost, strikes every couple of weeks, etc. If I would buy anything from there I would insist on the vendor using a courier to send the stuff to me.

Rick

I received this soap in a PIF from Dini in January, and tested it today because i finally found a container.

Great soap, lathered super easily straight away, i loaded the brush for 20 seconds and bowl lathering afterwards for 40 seconds produced more than enough lather for 3 passes.
Super slick soap too, with great residual slickness! Overall a really really good soap and a solid option for beginners and veterans alike.

Lathering: 10/10, absolutely perfect!

Residual slickness: 8/10, great residual slickness.

Scent:6/10, a great scent on the puck, but very muted after lathering.

Price:10/10 absolutely cannot be beat, this and the RVT range are by far the best value for money artisan soaps in SA.

Post shave care: excellent, 8/10.

Overall an extremely good soap with amazing lather and lather stability, well done Jaco!!!!

Thanks to Dini for making this review possible!
proxy.php

It looks like I’ll be the second guy living in Canada to try these soaps. There’s a guy in Montreal who’s a very close personal friend of mine who has a lot of soaps from South Africa. Anyway, I’m going to be getting:

Bundubeard Rooibos
Bundubeard Kameelperd’s Kick
Bundubeard Klipspringer’s Kick
Bundubeard Kudu’s Kick
Wriggly Tin Spicy Bay Rum
Simply Bee
Rondavel Wild Dagga

This jazz was shipped today by DHL

Rick

I not only know Jeff, he and I are close personal friends. He says these SA soaps are the best he ever used in his life and he’s used stuff from all over the world. He’s been a wetshaver for more than fifty years so if anyone has experience he does.

Rick

It looks like I’ll be the second guy living in Canada to try these soaps. There’s a guy in Montreal who’s a very close personal friend of mine who has a lot of soaps from South Africa. Anyway, I’m going to be getting:

Bundubeard Rooibos
Bundubeard Kameelperd’s Kick
Bundubeard Klipspringer’s Kick
Bundubeard Kudu’s Kick
Wriggly Tin Spicy Bay Rum
Simply Bee
Rondavel Wild Dagga

This jazz was shipped today by DHL

Rick
Good luck

Yes, but there has been cases where things have been lost in the post, so they said until they can find reliable international shipping they'd rather not risk it

Hey Matthew!

Do me a little favor and tell Mr Bundubeard that his Rooibos is to die for!

Rick

Top Bottom