What's new

Bundubeard Rooi Afrikaaner shave stick review

As promised, here's my review of the Bundubeard Rooi Afrikaner shave stick prototype.

The Rooi Afrikaner puck is already my favourite puck, it has the perfect combination of slickness and dense lather that tallow soaps always seem to offer, and the shave stick version proved to be no different.

It has top notch slickness, a definite 9/10.

Scent wise, it scores a bit lower than the puck edition because this particular shave stick is an older variation of the soap, the scent profile has since been improved, the shave stick gets a 6/10 for the scent, but the newer formulation used for the pucks gets a solid 8.

Lathering- 7/10, slightly less easy to lather compared to Bundubeard's glycerine soaps, but the richness of the lather and slickness more than makes up for it.

Residual slickness- 9/10, almost unbeatable, both the puck and shave stick prototype have fantastic residual slickness.

Overall opinion- Rooi Afrikaaner in stick form proved very easy to use, and I'd love to see it available as a regular offering in addition to the puck version. It's perfect for travel, and the cardboard packaging is bio degradable and perfect for the environmentally conscious consumer. The stick works best if you soak the tip for a few minutes before use, this makes it easier to rub onto your face, because it is quite a bit harder than other sticks like Arko, which is definitely not an issue as long as you soak the tip.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom