What's new

Bunch of bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
In my defense I like all other things German. Beer, Brats, schnitzel, potato pancakes and blue eyed women. And I have a Merkur 34C

ShaveMac brushes......Mercedes Benz automobiles.....Dachshunds....VW Westfalias.....Black Forest Gateau..... @Rudy Vey....J.S.Bach.....Martin Luther.....Ayinger Beer.....Detlef Schrempf.....Angela Merkel.....Dietrich Bonhoeffer.. Ritter Sport chocolate....The Scorpions....Adidas Shoes.....

Gotta love them German folks....

Last edited:
I know a lot of people are going to be outraged at my very 1st post. I have tried every double edge safety razor under 125.00 dollars, every kind of shaving cream, soap, and brush in the last 7 years. I just received the leaf twig, heard all the hype so I buy it, I will say this Gillette don't have a damn thing to worry about!!! I have more razor burn, irratation and redness then I ever had from a Mach 3 or Fusion. I get a better shave, closer, smoother than I ever did with a DE. I know some people or right opposite. I spent more money buy razors, blades, soaps, creams, brushes in 7 years than if I would have just kept buying cartridges for the rest of my life. Now let's get to shaving like Granddaddy, yes he used soap in a mug, brush, and a real straight blade razor, until canned barbersol came a long, guess what he started using. Now my Daddy went from a DE razor to Gillette trac 2 when they hit the market and yes the good old Barbersol, that's what he used the rest of his life. Morning ritual BS, mine is get up pray for God to help me through the day safely and productivity, shave and hit the road, Not standing at the bathroom sink 45 minutes doing 4 to 5 passes with a razor and whipping up lather, then clean up a brush and soap and water that went everywhere. With all this said I'm done with DE razors and over priced soaps. Will be listing on Ebay. I hope everyone has a good day and great shave.
God Bless
Good morning,

well this sounds promising, do you have anything in mind you may offer right here, nice soaps, SR or a DE fir sale?

I hear you, as I had the same situation with the almighty shaving preparation routine with hot water. I hated it and now I’m using face lathering(no mug), no pre shave oil stuff and cold water to shave.

My grandpa shaved his last years with an electric shaver - I mean why not if it works, just as the Mach 3 works better for you. Barbasol does what it should and that’s it, no more.

For my part I like the idea to shave my facial hair with a cold, brutally sharp piece of steel off.

Then I hope you are doing better with your new setting 👍

cheers

BTW - is there a soap if a barbasol scent?

Reactions: ewk
I know a lot of people are going to be outraged at my very 1st post. I have tried every double edge safety razor under 125.00 dollars, every kind of shaving cream, soap, and brush in the last 7 years. I just received the leaf twig, heard all the hype so I buy it, I will say this Gillette don't have a damn thing to worry about!!! I have more razor burn, irratation and redness then I ever had from a Mach 3 or Fusion. I get a better shave, closer, smoother than I ever did with a DE. I know some people or right opposite. I spent more money buy razors, blades, soaps, creams, brushes in 7 years than if I would have just kept buying cartridges for the rest of my life. Now let's get to shaving like Granddaddy, yes he used soap in a mug, brush, and a real straight blade razor, until canned barbersol came a long, guess what he started using. Now my Daddy went from a DE razor to Gillette trac 2 when they hit the market and yes the good old Barbersol, that's what he used the rest of his life. Morning ritual BS, mine is get up pray for God to help me through the day safely and productivity, shave and hit the road, Not standing at the bathroom sink 45 minutes doing 4 to 5 passes with a razor and whipping up lather, then clean up a brush and soap and water that went everywhere. With all this said I'm done with DE razors and over priced soaps. Will be listing on Ebay. I hope everyone has a good day and great shave.
God Bless
You can get an IPL machine from @Mazon $60 and do yourself treatments that will result in almost losing all hair....be done, no shaving......your problem might be resolved. Just be careful w the light......read the instructions.... Or go get laser therapy

I cannot stand cartridges and disposables.They tug and DELAY my shaves since they need constant rinsing.
I Need a DE and a Can of shaving foam for my daily five minute Four pass shave.

BIO-BEET-Sauerkraut-Juice-500ml-1.jpg

God Bless

Your life, live it how you want.

Let me guess, this can be found in the laxative sections of the grocery store, or is it in the garden section marketed to keep deer and suck out of the vegetable garden.
Though I would find it entertaining to swap out someone's beer bottle at a bbq while they're not looking with that stuff, though it'll be very hard to deny doing it since I'd be the only only wearing a disposable rain poncho.

God Bless
lol,i,ve just started using open charlies(i,m scottish)and I too get a scrubbed face after shaving using one,I have nicked myself as tonight was only ma 5th shave on ma face,but nicks?????? if you do it right,then any minor nicks are no worse than using a rubbishy 2 blade bic dissposable,i,m sure anyone can handle that,as i,m finding after each shave,i,m getting better as i,m going with the way my growth goes,everyone has a different growth pattern,so there is no,,this is what way you must go,to shaving with an open razor,you find out you're own way,,very soon if you know the face you've been shaving for the past 30 years anyway.and for the razor burn,,well,a lil coconut natural oil sorts that oot,I can assure you m8,I have sensative skin,and the coconut oil is the answer,well,ti's for me anyhoo.and think o the money yer saving on 15 quid for 3 5 bladad cartridges,it,s rediculas asking that,but,they know we gorra shave,so the price is pumped right up,I myself,am more than happy to strop a good sharp doro razor and shave with that all the time,and after only 5 shaves,i,m doing 2 passes,and it takes me less than 5 mins to do all my face,once you know and get you're angle,it,s just all about tightening your skin properly and shaving watching where the edge of the razor is in touch with the skin,it is easy when you do it right,an i,ve nicked myself a few times during my first 3 shaves,but again,no worse that
n a 2 bladed bic throw away man.
so i,d advise anyone to give it a go,the shave you get is amazing,and stopping is medative I find,but it,s each to their own in this world ma friend,you goto do what's best for you man,all the best and stay safe,it,s a pity you didn,t enjoy it,I do really like it.
Stay safe ma man,
derek

No outrage here. Viva la difference.

except when it comes to sauerkraut. It is a crime against humanity. I know my wife is German.

I could probably eat a jar of sauerkraut in a single sitting. I'm just weird like that.

But I agree, nothing wrong with not liking wetshaving. Wetshaving is all about finding what works for you, and if that's carts and canned foam, then hey, knock yourself out. And I'll admit, there sometimes are mornings where I wish wetshaving didn't take as long as it does (though more like 15-20 minutes than 45, once you get used to it). But for me, cartridge shaving hurt, and carts gave me a lousy shave. So for a good and comfortable shave, taking the extra time and effort is worth it for me.

I think the major difference between wetshaving and cart shaving is that wetshaving undeniably requires more time and effort, but once you've gotten your technique down and found products that work, wetshaving offers a more tailored and customized experience, whereas cart shaving is always one-size-fits-all, no matter how poorly it fits. If cart shaving is comfortable for you and gives you a decent shave, then yeah, I definitely see where they'd prefer to stick with it. But for people for whom cart shaving just doesn't work, wetshaving offers a solution while carts just offer more of the same.

I don't think there is any real money savings with DE shaving compared to cartridges. Cartridge shaving is probably cheaper as it's something men have to do and don't put much thought into soaps and trying new things. It becomes part of your everyday mundane tasks that you do without giving it much thought or caring. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. DE shaving will connect the mundane every day grooming tasks with a hobby-nothing wrong with that either.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I could probably eat a jar of sauerkraut in a single sitting. I'm just weird like that.

But I agree, nothing wrong with not liking wetshaving. Wetshaving is all about finding what works for you, and if that's carts and canned foam, then hey, knock yourself out. And I'll admit, there sometimes are mornings where I wish wetshaving didn't take as long as it does (though more like 15-20 minutes than 45, once you get used to it). But for me, cartridge shaving hurt, and carts gave me a lousy shave. So for a good and comfortable shave, taking the extra time and effort is worth it for me.

I think the major difference between wetshaving and cart shaving is that wetshaving undeniably requires more time and effort, but once you've gotten your technique down and found products that work, wetshaving offers a more tailored and customized experience, whereas cart shaving is always one-size-fits-all, no matter how poorly it fits. If cart shaving is comfortable for you and gives you a decent shave, then yeah, I definitely see where they'd prefer to stick with it. But for people for whom cart shaving just doesn't work, wetshaving offers a solution while carts just offer more of the same.
You would fit right in at my home. It is a sauerkraut factory.

I echo the sentiments of others. Shave how you want to shave. Or don’t shave! DE shaving is not my preferred method (although it gives me a decent shave and for many years it was my go-to) but this site introduced me to the Broman and the Gillette Guard along with the Trac II/GII system paired with heavy all metal handles. I am now researching injectors and the Twig as I continue my journey. Most DE razors give a great shave but not all great shaves are achieved with DE razors!
That last sentence is the truest of the other statements I’ve seen here imo.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
OP, I join the others in congratulating you on finding what works best for YOU! I, too, have found what works best for ME, and a very close, very comfortable six minute shave is my daily reward for that journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom