What's new

Bunch of bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people are going to be outraged at my very 1st post. I have tried every double edge safety razor under 125.00 dollars, every kind of shaving cream, soap, and brush in the last 7 years. I just received the leaf twig, heard all the hype so I buy it, I will say this Gillette don't have a damn thing to worry about!!! I have more razor burn, irratation and redness then I ever had from a Mach 3 or Fusion. I get a better shave, closer, smoother than I ever did with a DE. I know some people or right opposite. I spent more money buy razors, blades, soaps, creams, brushes in 7 years than if I would have just kept buying cartridges for the rest of my life. Now let's get to shaving like Granddaddy, yes he used soap in a mug, brush, and a real straight blade razor, until canned barbersol came a long, guess what he started using. Now my Daddy went from a DE razor to Gillette trac 2 when they hit the market and yes the good old Barbersol, that's what he used the rest of his life. Morning ritual BS, mine is get up pray for God to help me through the day safely and productivity, shave and hit the road, Not standing at the bathroom sink 45 minutes doing 4 to 5 passes with a razor and whipping up lather, then clean up a brush and soap and water that went everywhere. With all this said I'm done with DE razors and over priced soaps. Will be listing on Ebay. I hope everyone has a good day and great shave.
God Bless

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? I am glad you found what works for you and I guess DE shaving isn't for everyone. I give you credit for sticking with it for 7 years even though it gave you daily torture. I wouldn't have stuck with it that long if my experience was like yours. There is a section here for modern shaving systems that you might like.

Nothing wrong with cartridges. Shave the way you want to, with the routine that suits you.

And a post telling us you have slammed the door on DE shaving is fine. Too bad you couldn't have posted sooner, when you were first encountering trouble. Then maybe this post wouldn't have been necessary.

I know a lot of people are going to be outraged at my very 1st post. I have tried every double edge safety razor under 125.00 dollars, every kind of shaving cream, soap, and brush in the last 7 years. I just received the leaf twig, heard all the hype so I buy it, I will say this Gillette don't have a damn thing to worry about!!! I have more razor burn, irratation and redness then I ever had from a Mach 3 or Fusion. I get a better shave, closer, smoother than I ever did with a DE. I know some people or right opposite. I spent more money buy razors, blades, soaps, creams, brushes in 7 years than if I would have just kept buying cartridges for the rest of my life. Now let's get to shaving like Granddaddy, yes he used soap in a mug, brush, and a real straight blade razor, until canned barbersol came a long, guess what he started using. Now my Daddy went from a DE razor to Gillette trac 2 when they hit the market and yes the good old Barbersol, that's what he used the rest of his life. Morning ritual BS, mine is get up pray for God to help me through the day safely and productivity, shave and hit the road, Not standing at the bathroom sink 45 minutes doing 4 to 5 passes with a razor and whipping up lather, then clean up a brush and soap and water that went everywhere. With all this said I'm done with DE razors and over priced soaps. Will be listing on Ebay. I hope everyone has a good day and great shave.
God Bless

You could list them on the BST - I find they go quicker here often than eBay

I'm flabbergasted that you think your post has the power to antagonize me! How dare you good sir write with such malicious intent in hopes of getting a rise out of me. I won't stand for it! I really must sit down now due to a spiking blood pressure. Doc told me to watch for such flares.

No sir, I choose NOT to let your prose act as anger accelerant. My shave therapist tells me not to give others control of my emotional state. Yet... I find your message has thoroughly drenched me with vitriolic spirits! A fool would think this would bring me to outrage. Nay, I'm rabidly incensed!

In all seriousness, I'm glad you found a process that works for you. Welcome to B&B.

Why would I be outraged because someone doesn’t like to shave the way I do. I don’t like sourkraut but doubt that will outrage anyone. Do what makes you happy.

Ah, sauerkraut. Many years ago during the summer, I was working as a laborer for a company building an apartment house. The super found out I was in college and said he had a "wonderful daughter" I might like to meet. His selling point was she had a pleasant personality (I learned she was also 50 pounds overweight) and she made great sauerkraut!

You shaved for 7 years with a DE before figuring out you didn't like it?

Assuming a daily shave, that's 2555 shaves.

Granted there is something to be said for persistence, but consider it a life lesson. Generally speaking, if you try something 1000 times and don't like it, you probably aren't going to like it, ever.

I echo the sentiments of others. Shave how you want to shave. Or don’t shave! DE shaving is not my preferred method (although it gives me a decent shave and for many years it was my go-to) but this site introduced me to the Broman and the Gillette Guard along with the Trac II/GII system paired with heavy all metal handles. I am now researching injectors and the Twig as I continue my journey. Most DE razors give a great shave but not all great shaves are achieved with DE razors!

Somehow I don't believe you. You're an antagonist and an interloper. If there's any chance you're telling the truth, you could have sought help here a long time ago. People collect razors here but it's odd to keep buying razors because the last one gave you a misserable shave. You could've gone back to carts after one or two DE razors. Amassing a collection of sh*t you don't like? Why? I'm not buyin it.

Last edited:
The best tools in the world won't help if you don't know how to use them...which is likely if it's taking you 45 minutes to shave after 7 years of practice. I can get a great shave with any tool I use after a year of wet shaving even with DEs, which are not my preference either. Have you made any attempts to refine your technique?

In any case, if you like using carts then use carts. We don't mind.

Last edited:
I understand your frustration. My stepdad who married my mom in 1957 and shaved with a DE until he died in 2001, gave me an electric in high school in 1963. I have to assume that they thought it was an improvement from the old days. When I went away to college in 1964, I switched to an injector and canned foam. In the 70s, and married, I switched to carts and canned gel/foam because I hated shaving and carts were quick and easy. Approaching retirement in the late 00s, I was looking for ways to de-stress, and found wetshaving. It relaxed me and finally allowed me to enjoy shaving. I realize it's not for everyone. When all is said and done, ya gotta do what needs to be done at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom