What's new

Bump Fighter Going the Way of the Dodo?

I just stumbled upon the bump fighter razor and quite like it. No irritation period even when I shave against the grain which is a miracle for me. Unfortunately I can't find replacement cartridges being sold. On Amazon, Walmart, etc. I only see the kit that comes with the handle and 2 cartridges sold. Does anyone know of any places selling just the replacement cartridges? If this razor is going extinct, is there any other razor that's basically identical to it?

There's no precisely similar cartridge as such, but Wilkinson UK made (& probably still makes) a triple bladed cart with nylon wires over the blades to prevent the shave becoming too close. It's called the Wilkinson Sword Protector.

The single blade Gillette Guard from India - the later cartridges - also don't shave too close. There's no obvious mechanism to achieve that & it's probable that the blade may have been recessed a little.

Last edited:
Indeed the bump fighter is no more. But it's for the best. I found that I had to go against the grain with the bump fighter and I actually did start getting irritation, so I retired that razor.

Thank you to those who recommended the Gillette guard single blade. This one seems to be a keeper. It's creepy how good this extremely basic razor is. I can get a very good shave by my standards without needing to go against the grain. And it definitely feels safer on my skin than the 2-bladed skinguard which had given me nicks in the past.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

These razors literally saved my face. I have been ordering them from overseas for years. I just discovered they have been discontinued.

What do I do now?!

Top Bottom