What's new

Bummed out strop came with big creases/humps

So i bought a Illinois strop from AMZ, excited to get stropping and my second straight shave in. The strop came with some large ridges in it. They aren't even really creases from folding, just really large humps in the leather. I'm returning it and getting something else because I don't think it should be used, especially for me who is new to straight shaving. Oh well, just wanted to express my sadness...I purchased another strop that will not be here until the end of the week....:em18:

I've heard of that happening with those Illinois strops. I ventured away from looking at those after reading loads of bad reviews. Instead, I went with a Tony Miller strop from Heirloom. It's perfect and works like a charm.

It's pretty common when the strop is shipped incorrectly.

I'd recommend a Tony Miller strop. Don't be fooled by his lower end Plain strops. They are fantastic.

It's pretty common when the strop is shipped incorrectly.

This is often the problem. So frustrating. The only reason I can guess this happens is that the shippers just don’t use a strop and simply don’t know any better. But you are right to return it. You don’t want a new strop like that.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
That would be disappointing, sorry to hear it. Whipped Dog shipped me a Rich Man’s Strop recently. I was very pleased with the detail quality and overall feel of this strop. It was shipped in a rather large box, well supported on it’s side so it wouldn’t fold or get creases. Thought it was a very good value for the size and heft of what is for me a considerable upgrade.

Top Bottom